Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Become a forummember ... (Read 10003 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Become a forummember ...
30.12.2006 at 23:26:09

... will change. It is clear that we have intruders. And we are going to do something about it. Promised!

It will take some time. But we will inform you about any changes.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Become a forummember ...
Reply #1 - 30.12.2006 at 23:51:58

After you ban the intruders, give them to Ted to finish them off! Grin

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Cinder
Lost One

Southern California
Reply #2 - 30.12.2006 at 23:55:50

Dear Freddy,

I'm not so sure they are intruders....  I picked three names at random and googled them and they all are posters on other fansites (DROD and Ambrosia).  Maybe they are really all real people?  Has anyone been out there advertising this site?  I looked on the DROD site and didn't find any new posts related to Midnight Mansion.

Cinder

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #3 - 31.12.2006 at 00:06:55

Thx for your reply Cinder and to help thinking. I wish it was true. But as administrator I was able to see something (sorry:  Lips Sealed) that I really didn't like and that proved to me that something is seriously wrong.  Cry Cry Angry Angry

I hope I may tell some more in future about it.

And then I give them all to TED !

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 31.12.2006 at 00:09:13

He's got a BIG dugeon on his little island, with a torture chamber! Grin

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #5 - 31.12.2006 at 01:21:53

For our current serious and "other" members NOTHING CHANGES.

From the beginning of these boards, new members received a welcome-PM. That text changed. Here is what you get now, when you register:

We are very pleased that you made yourself a member of the Midnight Mansion Boards.

For security reasons we need to do an anti-spam and anti-robot double check. You are obliged to answer this personal message within 24 hours. Your answer needs to contain a message from at least 40 words. Or otherwise we are forced to remove you from the memberlist without any further warning.

It is not a matter of 39 or 41 words. Wink But I have the feeling that someone is busy with manual work. And I want to make him tired. Very, very tired.

EDIT: changed again on December the 30th, 2006, to its original !
« Last Edit: 31.12.2006 at 05:40:52 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #6 - 31.12.2006 at 03:46:58

I'm not sure that requiring new members to write messages with 40 words is the best approach... Can't we just have moderators delete accounts when they find trolls appear on the boards? Yes, it's more work for the moderators, but I'm not sure making it *harder* for real users to join is the best solution.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 31.12.2006 at 03:53:55

No problem, but when will I be sure that a member is a troll. From the long list I know for certain that there are at least 4 serious members among them: Scout, Fisch68, frost and aquaMat.

With pleasure I delete all the others ... Undecided Do you give me a go?

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #8 - 31.12.2006 at 04:56:15

Freddy wrote on 31.12.2006 at 03:53:55:
No problem, but when will I be sure that a member is a troll. From the long list I know for certain that there are at least 4 serious members among them: Scout, Fisch68, frost and aquaMat.

With pleasure I delete all the others ... Undecided Do you give me a go?

Not sure what to say. I think that the security measure of having to type in a security phrase from the picture when you create your account should eliminate robots from accessing the site, which leaves 3 other categories of people who join:

1) Members who will be active

2) Members who won't be active -- they just want to read posts and download mansions (although this is now also possible without an account)

3) People (real people) who are weird, and go through the joining process just to do strange stuff. Because they have too much time on their hands, and nothing better to do.

So #3 I figure you could delete their accounts, and their strange posts/threads, after you realize who they are. But if they keep re-joining, and it becomes a problem (and there's no way to blacklist their IP address or email so they can't join again), then perhaps you may need a different way of handling it. But otherwise that's the approach I'd take -- wait until someone makes it obvious they're a troll, and then delete them and their posts after they've made it obvious. That's why we have moderators, and we can bring more moderators on board if necessary.

Otherwise though, if you delete someone because, for instance, he doesn't respond to a private message you sent him, you may be deleting people from category #2 above -- people who created an account, but maybe log in only once every few weeks, and therefore they won't even see your private message until it's too late.

Just my opinion... do whatever you think is best though. Maybe discuss it with Brell off-line too.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #9 - 31.12.2006 at 05:02:45

You are right. As always. But ... please have a look at the copy of my email to Cinder. It possibly explains everything. And solves the whole problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print