Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Happy New Year! (Read 8404 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Happy New Year!
01.01.2007 at 21:31:10

Smiley

I hope nobody is too hungover today. I wish us all peace, good health and happiness in 2007, and lots of time to build new mansions.

Smiley

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Happy New Year!
Reply #1 - 01.01.2007 at 23:04:04

Cool Oh no, no hang-over! Just sleep deprived!

Happy New year!

IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #2 - 02.01.2007 at 04:51:31

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and wish you all a Happy New Year. And thanks so much to Vern, Freddy, and all who are helping to get this new forum up and running; it is much appreciated and great to 'see' everyone again. Would be glad to help in any way I can.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #3 - 02.01.2007 at 05:05:36

Cool ... to cover my eyes ...  Huh Huh

Talking about Midnight Mansion, I have very good feelings. Because of a lot of reasons.

Rather unexpectedly we suddenly had the start of new MM-boards thanks to Vern Jensen from ActionSoft himself. In a matter of fact it was probably the best way for us, to become new forums again. And Vern made it come true just before Christmas. What a present!

While Brell, Suztours and I, step by step are giving the standard software some structure and lay-out, a few days ago we were really taken by suprise ... and worried. On December the 29th started an increase of memberships that felt like spam, robots, intruders, ... The fact that worried me mostly was, that I saw that a new "member" did use the computer of one of our true MM-addicts while using a different username and emailaddress. Reason enough, I thought, to start a lot of things concerning security, checking etc. But ... at the end there was only good news!!! Smiley It became clear that ActionSoft had made marvellous publicity for our new boards. That happened with a link from the ActionSoft-website AND no less than 300 emails to MM-customers. So thanks to Vern we have exactly 86 REAL members for the time being. As one of the administrators of the boards I want to welcome ALL new members. And believe me: only-reading-members are as important as posting-members! And a few emails made clear that a mother and daughter BOTH became seperate MM-forummembers with different emailaddresses from one computer!

There is even MORE good news. About a half year ago three odd things were detected with the MM-game itself. Psychotronic did put our attention on something that went wrong with saved game files in large mansions. With the release of Midnight Mansion 1.0.6 that was pretty fast fixed. Rose from Sweden experienced an other strange thing. When Jack fell down onto a saving pedestal he didn't die, but stayed alive while making a saved game. Vern found an answer for that as well. The toughest one, was however a very rare problem with zapper beams, found by Toybox. At the very end of last year, Vern Jensen came with the splendid news that also this problem got a solution. So, an update of MM 1.0.6 may be expected (soon). I'll ask Vern about the timing.

The boards, ... the MM-game ... and ... the custom mansions!! At least FOUR new ones are coming. Wingy's
Midnight Pyramid
is already downloadable at the Free Up- and Downloading, while waiting for a place on the List of Completed Mansions. And from aquaMat,
Palace of Gore
and
Small Palace of Gore
are beta-tested these days, while his
Discotheque of Doom
will be ready within a few weeks.

What I wanted to say was: MM is NOT the most important thing in the world. For 2007 I wish you in the first place a good health and a lot of luck in your private lives. And ... although "not so important" a lot of pleasure with Midnight Mansion while playing or being active on the boards by reading or posting.

HAPPY NEWYEAR to everybody!

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 03.01.2007 at 02:03:04

Hmmm....  this is not quite unrelated to MM  Wink

Freddy wrote on 02.01.2007 at 05:05:36:
Cool ... to cover my eyes ...  Huh Huh

Talking about Midnight Mansion, I have very good feelings. Because of a lot of reasons.

Rather unexpectedly we suddenly had the start of new MM-boards thanks to Vern Jensen from ActionSoft himself. In a matter of fact it was probably the best way for us, to become new forums again. And Vern made it come true just before Christmas. What a present!

While Brell, Suztours and I, step by step are giving the standard software some structure and lay-out

I'm sure Suztours agrees with me in that our contribution is less than 1% so far.  At least 99% of the credits go to Vern and Freddy.

Freddy wrote on 02.01.2007 at 05:05:36:
There is even MORE good news. About a half year ago three odd things were detected with the MM-game itself. Psychotronic did put our attention on something that went wrong with saved game files in large mansions. With the release of Midnight Mansion 1.0.6 that was pretty fast fixed. Rose from Sweden experienced an other strange thing. When Jack fell down onto a saving pedestal he didn't die, but stayed alive while making a saved game. Vern found an answer for that as well. The toughest one, was however a very rare problem with zapper beams, found by Toybox. At the very end of last year, Vern Jensen came with the splendid news that also this problem got a solution. So, an update of MM 1.0.6 may be expected (soon). I'll ask Vern about the timing.

You forget the ladder bug (or is it a feature?) I found  Wink  You know, when Jack can sometimes step onto a ladder that goes through a ledge without falling down.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #5 - 03.01.2007 at 02:17:05

Oops. Forgotten. Sorry about that.

I am afraid that IF it is a feature, that there must be a lot of Jack-stucks in a lot of mansions. Do you contact Vern about this matter?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 03.01.2007 at 02:55:29

I have already contacted him a few weeks ago via e-mail.  I'm sure he is looking into this as well as the other stuff.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #7 - 04.01.2007 at 11:56:19

Hmmm, I don't remember hearing about. Can you reforward that email to me? May have gotten lost in my inbox...

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #8 - 05.01.2007 at 02:59:29

Just sent you (Vern) a new e-mail about this.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #9 - 06.01.2007 at 09:03:47

brell wrote on 05.01.2007 at 02:59:29:
Just sent you (Vern) a new e-mail about this.

There won't be a fix for it in 1.0.7 (and I'm also waiting for Freddy to tell me about a Jack-stuck in one of the included mansions too), but I wanted to release 1.0.7 without further delay, because it has other bug fixes you guys have been waiting on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print