Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Is 'Mummy's Revenge' still working ?? (Read 5927 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Is 'Mummy's Revenge' still working ??
10.01.2007 at 03:15:21

Anyone know how to make BBBs bigger? Because I have a big message in my latest mansion and I need a bigger BBB. Thanks!
Wingy  Wink

EDIT: Just figured it out! Name your resource I.D. 2501 or more.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #1 - 10.01.2007 at 23:24:41

Yo Wingy,

thanks for asking this question...
As you know from my last post regarding this topic, I need longer BBBs too.
I really thought you had some in your mansions, but if it wasn't you, it def. was someone else.

You mention that you have the solution, but I don't quite understand it...

Why does the ResID have an influence on the possible length of a BBB's text ??

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #2 - 11.01.2007 at 07:58:26

No, no! I got it totally wrong! It's not the rsc. i.d. but the background pict i.d.!
When you use the pink mouse tool change the background pict # from 8200 to 8201 and it should make it bigger. Sorry about that I had it all mixed up.
Btw, is it possible to make a sign smaller?

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - 11.01.2007 at 13:36:33

It's funny how a whole lingo has emerged for the game... You guys call them BBB (Black Bulletin Boards???)... I just call them "Signs". Haha. Anyway, someone wanted to know how to make a sign bigger. Just use the red mouse tool on the sign in the editor.

EDIT: Oops, I just realized I didn't make this too user-friendly. You want to change the "Background PICT" field. Its default value is 8200, for the smallest sign. You can make it 8201, 8202, or 8203 for increasingly larger sizes. Don't try to make it any larger than 8203.

Of course, you could probably get some really weird effects by making it other valid resIDs... snoop around in the Midnight Mansion Graphics or Sprites file to see some... I just tried using "300"... interesting... Well anyway, this means you could design your OWN sign background PICT, make sure it's a unique resID that doesn't conflict with anything in the Graphics/Sprites file, and then you can enter that resID in the sign dialog instead of 8200. For custom sign backgrounds that you design. So maybe a *whiteboard* instead of a blackboard. WBB???  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 11.01.2007 at 16:16:06

@Vern
and
Wingy
:

Thanks a lot for clarification. I had already assumed it could have to do with the background pic ID. I had already fooled around with that, but then -suddenly- it said 'Game Over' when you tried to read the BBB (guess I tried a number way lower than 8200), so I stopped my exploration of this immediatly !! Wink

To make custom backgrounds sounds very taunting !!

BTW:  BBB means Brown Black Board, I think.....
(And you're correct about the lingo.... "Jack-stuck" being another case in point  Wink !!)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print