Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
SC1-2 > StarCraft (Read 40679 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: StarCraft ::: Jack with forcefeild!
Reply #10 - 09.01.2007 at 22:41:42

I wonder... How on earth will Jack breath up there? I know! With a force-feild that prevents air from escaping and so Jack doesn't get torn apart in space!  Roll Eyes So basicly it's just Jack with a forcefeild on.
Wait until this mansion... er... space station is complete to find out!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: StarCraft
Reply #11 - 12.01.2007 at 03:25:35

Anthony wrote on 09.01.2007 at 21:17:57:
I'm still confused with the music thingy... I renamed my own music, put it in the right place, told the editor to play it  in a sertain room, and I got a error window pop up when I played the mansion!  Cry Huh Undecided

What did you name your music? What index did you enter in the editor? And is it an MP3?

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #12 - 12.01.2007 at 22:09:29

OOOooooohhhhh! MP3! Ok I got it.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #13 - 12.01.2007 at 22:47:22

Dog: "Wav! Wav! Wav!"  Roll Eyes Wink

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #14 - 21.01.2007 at 08:17:22

aquaMat wrote on 09.01.2007 at 18:57:27:
Wingy, as I said before.... of course it is possible to edit sprites (in the Midnight Mansion Sprites resource map), it's just not possible to do it in the
resource file of your mansion
(as it is with tiles).

I'm currenty doing custom graphic sprites myself...and it's a lot of fun !!

You said that you can edit the tiles in the resource file... I don't quite understand.  Huh

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #15 - 21.01.2007 at 19:07:03

Anthony wrote on 21.01.2007 at 08:17:22:
You said that you can edit the tiles in the resource file... I don't quite understand.  Huh

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough - I'll try again:

Since update 1.0.7. it is possible to put  custom graphics of TILES (editor left) within the resource file of your mansion (= "StarCraft" in your case). You do not need to put the custom tiles into the "Midnight Mansion Sprites" resource file anymore (as it used to be in earlier versions).

But if you want to create custom SPRITES (editor right), like change the look of monsters or switches etc., you still have to do that in the "Midnight Mansion Sprites" file, unfortunately.... which you then have to give to the players along with your mansion.

That was what I meant when I said "edit in the resource file".... of course the real "editing" (=customizing the graphics) has to be done in PhotoShop or something like that.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #16 - 25.01.2007 at 08:40:48

Ok thanks for clearing that confusion up with me. Now about StarCraft...

I'm going to make sorta "episodes" of this mansion. Each time you finish you'll be teleported away. Not really, but you'll have to continue on with the story in the next "episode." It's going to be chopped up and going to be
BIG
. (I'm guessing, abit bigger then
Volcanis
) Not as big as
MMaM
though...
Anyways, I'll keep you all updated when I finish the first "episode!"  Cheesy
Cheers,
Wingy  Grin

P.S. I might finish the first "episode" this Weekend!  Smiley You'll have all the costom Graphics and all this weekend!  Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #17 - 25.01.2007 at 08:59:56

Smiley Looking forward to it, Wingy!
How about another screenshot. Need an appetizer!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #18 - 25.01.2007 at 20:59:24

Yeah, looking forward to it, too !!!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #19 - 25.01.2007 at 21:12:00

Here's a screenshot of one room. You may have noticed that the bar above is different and Jack is different. And the keys, too!   Smiley

Also you may have noticed the "elizabeth" "head" is different. She's riding the most powerful human unit, the Battle Cruiser. The "auther" "head" is riding a wrath, which is not as big. The only bad guy I didn't change was the momma spider. Also, I deleted all blood and acid and the sounds for them. But you can still hear the heads dying as the ship burns went they hit a torch!

Picture_1.png (65 KB | )
Picture_1.png

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print