Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
SC1-2 > StarCraft (Read 40682 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: StarCraft
Reply #30 - 26.01.2007 at 18:38:56

I made a first playing-test of STAR CRAFT Episode 1:

First of all, congratulations, Wingy, to the great graphics.
I have not yet played with the MUSIC ON, so I will comment on the music later, if you want.  Smiley

I like the graphics, with only a few minor exceptions.... like -for example- the force-field, which is great, but has the downside that it somehow decreases the "three-dimensionality" of Jack (meaning, he looks a bit 'flat' sometimes). But that's just my personal view.
Also I think you should add an "introduction": for example, by the time I realised that those red/green boxes are LEVERS, I had missed (not pulled) the first one....
I love the way you made new keys, coins etc. Great!!

However, I found a Jack-stuck in room 15900: After coming down again from above, I took that moving platform to the lowest floor and died in the acid. By the time I died, however, I had activated the lower floor moving platforms, but was reborn on the ladder above. I could NOT get down again, as the higher platform was not moving and blocked the way down, and I had NO way to change that.

However, I was lucky: after I suspended the game, and then resumed it, luckily the higher platform was moved to the floor again, and I could get down with a squirrel jump to the secret caveat and then jump to the lowest floor from that.
But STILL: you should change that. Normally I would have had to abort the game there.

But I could finish, and ended with 10.000 crystals or whatever it is, and 3 secrets (100%) and several lives left.

But it's rather short,so maybe it'd be better to release the mansion as a whole after it's finished.

One other thing: Your read-me on how to replace what in the Game Data folder is NOT very clear. Although I did understand what you meant, I think it could be written a bit more precisely (e.g. the confusion when you use the terms Data Original and Original Data folder etc.)

However, a great beautiful mansion, that turns MM into something entirely different.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #31 - 26.01.2007 at 18:52:13

aquaMat wrote on 26.01.2007 at 18:38:56:
... One other thing: Your read-me on how to replace what in the Game Data folder is NOT very clear. Although I did understand what you meant, I think it could be written a bit more precisely (e.g. the confusion when you use the terms Data Original and Original Data folder etc.) ...

If I may add something to this remark about the read-me-first-file. It would be nice to end the text with telling how to put things back to "standard". You don't need to repeat all the steps again. But say "something" about "undo". After
StarCraft
we really need to be prepared for
Arevn's Mansion
Palace of Gore
Catacombs
and
The Discotheque
which are all coming very very soon. That last one with new file-move-instructions ...

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #32 - 26.01.2007 at 21:31:31

I made a first playing-test of STAR CRAFT Episode 1:

First of all, congratulations, Wingy, to the great graphics.
I have not yet played with the MUSIC ON, so I will comment on the music later, if you want.  Smiley

There's no music, aquaMat! Not even if you turn music ON! If you have any music that would fit this, PM me about it. Also, its called StarCraft. Not STAR CRAFT.  Wink

I like the graphics, with only a few minor exceptions.... like -for example- the force-field, which is great, but has the downside that it somehow decreases the "three-dimensionality" of Jack (meaning, he looks a bit 'flat' sometimes). But that's just my personal view.
Also I think you should add an "introduction": for example, by the time I realised that those red/green boxes are LEVERS, I had missed (not pulled) the first one....
I love the way you made new keys, coins etc. Great!!

Took me awhile to make the animation of Jack hitting the bottons of the green/red machine. And the new keys, coins ect. took awhile on each. (about 5 mins each)

However, I found a Jack-stuck in room 15900: After coming down again from above, I took that moving platform to the lowest floor and died in the acid. By the time I died, however, I had activated the lower floor moving platforms, but was reborn on the ladder above. I could NOT get down again, as the higher platform was not moving and blocked the way down, and I had NO way to change that.

However, I was lucky: after I suspended the game, and then resumed it, luckily the higher platform was moved to the floor again, and I could get down with a squirrel jump to the secret caveat and then jump to the lowest floor from that.
But STILL: you should change that. Normally I would have had to abort the game there.

Its completly possible to get down it without suspending! It's just hard. I think I should make it just one two-square elevator.

But I could finish, and ended with 10.000 crystals or whatever it is, and 3 secrets (100%) and several lives left.

But it's rather short,so maybe it'd be better to release the mansion as a whole after it's finished.

One other thing: Your read-me on how to replace what in the Game Data folder is NOT very clear. Although I did understand what you meant, I think it could be written a bit more precisely (e.g. the confusion when you use the terms Data Original and Original Data folder etc.)

However, a great beautiful mansion, that turns MM into something entirely different.

Ok aquaMat, if you think the read-me-first thing isn't that great, you can make your own and PM it to me! (If you want to) Becuase I can't think of anything better! Oh and include how to get rid of it too.

Thanks for the comments!
Cheers,
Wingy  Cool
« Last Edit: 26.01.2007 at 23:13:42 by Anthony »  

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #33 - 26.01.2007 at 23:07:02

Annnddd.... updated.  Cool Re-download episode one from the StarCraft topic in Free up- downloading. I replaced the old starcraft.zip file with the new one on my server. It seems everyone in Europe gets it super-fast!  Shocked

And about episode 2. I don't really need to make another topic, because this is the Topic of all of StarCraft episodes. I plan on calling it: StarCraft Ep. 2: SS Alfa. (Space station alfa) Cheesy It should be done soon! Im looking about twice the size of the last one... 20 rooms!  Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #34 - 27.01.2007 at 00:52:28

Anthony wrote on 26.01.2007 at 21:31:31:
Its completly possible to get down it without suspending! It's just hard. I think I should make it just one two-square elevator.

Mmh.... How can it be possible to get down after I've been reborn on the ladder, if the "elevator" is not active and blocking the way down ??? There was no hidden lever somewhere in the top area that switched the "elevator" back on, wasn't there ??  Undecided

Anthony wrote on 26.01.2007 at 21:31:31:
Ok aquaMat, if you think the read-me-first thing isn't that great, you can make your own and PM it to me! (If you want to) Becuase I can't think of anything better! Oh and include how to get rid of it too.

Well...... actually I'm quite busy .... but I'll see if I can find the time to change your description into something a bit clearer.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #35 - 27.01.2007 at 01:52:38

Wingy, I made a new version of the StarCraft read-me-first, which I attach to this text, so that everybody who has already downloaded your game and the old ReadMe can download the new ReadMe here.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #36 - 27.01.2007 at 02:39:05

aquaMat wrote on 27.01.2007 at 00:52:28:
Mmh.... How can it be possible to get down after I've been reborn on the ladder, if the "elevator" is not active and blocking the way down ??? There was no hidden lever somewhere in the top area that switched the "elevator" back on, wasn't there ??  Undecided

Ok enough with this! I'll just add another switch at the top and a smaller elevator! Its updated now. Oh yeah, I put your read-me-first file inside with the update.  Wink

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #37 - 28.01.2007 at 06:33:11

Nearly done the second episode. It could be done later tonight or next morning! (Its 7:22 PM right now) Here's a picture of Jack seeing what would happen if he jumped off the station...  Grin

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #38 - 04.02.2007 at 16:41:54

Hey, I'm really enjoying the the Starcraft mansions but I have one little complaint.

The different combination of backgrounds, colours and the forcefield around Jack tends to hurt my eyes when playing. I find it a little too much and so I request a normal Jack if possible. I understand in the mansion's story that Jack need the forcefield to breathe, but I think my eyes would enjoy playing the game more if there wasn't quite so much stuff going on visually.

Is it possible to just have a normal Jack for little old me?

Thank you!!!

xxx.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #39 - 04.02.2007 at 18:53:56

I'm actually getting used to Jack now...  Roll Eyes

And! I completed in 11.33 with 100% of secrets and $10,000! Yay!!!

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print