Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Arevn's Mansion (Read 37776 times)
arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Arevn's Mansion
23.01.2007 at 08:20:29

*takes a deep breath*

Here's my first completed mansion. I didn't want to show it at first because it's so simple compared to what's been posted lately. That's when I realised that this is the exact reason why I should post my mansion--there aren't a lot of 'beginner' mansions out there!

I think the mansion's complete and finalized as it is, but would like someone to walk through it since a fresh look is always good.  Cheesy

Thanks,

Arevn

ETA: Freddy suggested that I remove this attachment, so I am. I apologize; I'm still trying to figure out the correct procedures for submitting non-finalized mansions.
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:36:23 by brell »  

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Arevn's Mansion
Reply #1 - 23.01.2007 at 08:31:39

H i !!   Smiley Smiley

Thank you very much.....!!  We are in urgent need of EASY to NORMAL mansions as you have assumed correctly.

Looking forward to play your mansion; welcome on the boards.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #2 - 23.01.2007 at 09:16:31

Thank you, aquaMat.

I wanted to build a 'pretty' mansion with few tricks or traps (eg. no hidden 'Big Bertha', which is my biggest pet peeve *shudders*) that anyone could play, but which could still have some challenges for 'newbies.'

I'm looking forward to feedback!

Arevn

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 23.01.2007 at 18:44:53

@ Arevn:

I've been playing your mansion this morning....  lots of inetersting ideas. I wouldn't call it EASY though, rather NORMAL, as it incorporates a few harder bits as Ladder Jumps, which might be too hard for a total beginner.

However, I also found a few problems:
Couldn't even finish the mansion (!!), as in rooms # 16803/16804 there are a lot of unnecessary deaths, caused by unaligned floor heights (I suspect).
AND...
from that green brick wall, with the hidden ladder in it (room 16803, to the right)...I had nowhere else to go. Everytime I went to the right (from bottom of ladder) I died immediatly. You couldn't go further down, and you couldn't go back. (Or have I missed something ??)

Apart from that: there are a few minor design mistakes, like in room # 16201 (and many others), where you have the floor layer-6, which gives the impression of Jack + the creatures walking 'behind' (as opposed to on) the floor; and some unaligned, or wrongly aligned doors.  But that's all minor stuff.

Except from the Jack-stuck described above, and the unnecessary deaths, a nice easy-to-normal mansion !!

BTW: I saved at 1st saving point with 8875 $ and 8 secrets.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #4 - 23.01.2007 at 19:30:01

I vote for EASY or EASY-to-NORMAL, with the exception of room 16804. Sent an email to arevn with my remarks. Among them the problem between the rooms 16803 and 16804. There is only one mistake. The fact that you did die a lot of times ... Roll Eyes Wink

And yes, you missed something in room 16804. It is because there is no hint over there, that it is in my opinion too hard for this type of mansion.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #5 - 23.01.2007 at 19:32:28

Hehe Aquamat, there is more than meets the eye in #16804  Wink

Arevn, this is a good mansion but I would classify it closer to normal than easy.  Now you should advertise for beta-testers to finish it so it can be put on the complete mansion list.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #6 - 23.01.2007 at 19:33:48

aquaMat wrote on 23.01.2007 at 18:44:53:
@ Arevn:

Couldn't even finish the mansion (!!), as in rooms # 16803/16804 there are a lot of unnecessary deaths, caused by unaligned floor heights (I suspect).
AND...
from that green brick wall, with the hidden ladder in it (room 16803, to the right)...I had nowhere else to go. Everytime I went to the right (from bottom of ladder) I died immediatly. You couldn't go further down, and you couldn't go back. (Or have I missed something ??)

I found the same problem. Many deaths with seemingly no place to go in 16803/04. But I like the mansion, it's fun. And like others have said, don't feel bad about not making a hard mansion. There's a great need for easy to normal mansions. Thanks, Arevn!  Smiley

Never mind. When I posted this, the above posts beat me to the forum. I found it.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 23.01.2007 at 21:37:11

Well, then... I'll go looking for that "no-hint" in room 16803 ! Smiley

But as you say, Freddy.... in a mansion that's otherweise pretty easy, you wouldn't expect an exit or whatever that is hidden that much.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 23.01.2007 at 22:52:12

Just been to that room again..... and found the "secret passage".   Cheesy Smiley

Although I like things like that very much.... it's so unexpected there....and therefore not EASY.
A hint would be needed, maybe some coins ??

Beat the mansion w/ 100 % secrets though  !

IP Logged

Spiak
Wanderer

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 25.01.2007 at 05:22:52

So, am I blind? Or has the mansion been removed because it is incomplete?  Huh

Spiak  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print