Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A Curious Observatory (Read 25162 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: A Curious Observatory
Reply #20 - 23.02.2007 at 17:18:15

Toybox made an important point above:  there should really be some PLAYERS, who are not DESIGNERS on the jury....'cause we designers might judge differently, knowing all the "building tricks" etc.  So I vote for a half 'n'half jury of builders and players.

And BTW, I said it too, a long while ago...that ACO is the best-built mansion..... and again Toybox is right...if it only was more accessible, so everyone might be able to experience the whole of its beauty.  Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
Reply #21 - 23.02.2007 at 22:56:23

[quote author=Freddy link=1170189577/15#17 date=1172172774]I have no problem at all. Psychotronic is by far the best PLAYER in the world. And it is only MY personal opinion that ACO is the best mansion made ever. But ... only for very experienced players. Believe me!! How many of you have ever seen the 2D-area?? And did beat it? Is there anyone out there that got 100 % secrets?

I beat the thing but only had 91% secrets. I'm going back to play it again now that I know where everything is. Wink

-Jen

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #22 - 06.09.2008 at 06:48:02

Freddy wrote on 20.02.2007 at 22:52:39:
A vague hint. It is very common that levers STOP zapper beams. But in ACO, there are a few places where levers START zapper beams. That must have a reason!

Hi Freddy,

Well, I'm going to try the thunderstorm again.  I put this mansion on hold for a while.  

Re: your hint, I did try not pulling those levers with the b.b., but the thunderstorm still was full force.  

1.Which levers are you referring to?
2.Do they actually stop or slow down the storm.  I have gotten thru it one way only.
3. Is there another blue key elsewhere or do we have to go thru the storm?
4. can't another blue key be put elsewhere, other than the storm?
5. there should be a save on the same level as the storm.

Wish me luck.....love this mansion, toooo bad the storm prevents us from getting the necessary key to continue the game.  
Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: 09.09.2008 at 05:42:36 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #23 - 09.09.2008 at 05:43:17

I made it thru the storm, got my 3 blue keys.....went up the ladder & messed up the code.  I am on my 4 try.   Can some one PM me the code please.

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #24 - 09.09.2008 at 08:24:40

Hey Missy- check your messages.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #25 - 10.09.2008 at 00:35:32

Hi Josephine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with the code.  

You are so right.....the next part is very hard.  But with practice...I hope to over come the difficulty.  (Hopefully sometime this year!)  lololol
I wish there was a save close by after making it thru those crazy rooms.

Added note:  I finally finished the mansion.  Had to try many times, but finally got thru it.
It is really an Epic of a Mansion.
« Last Edit: 10.09.2008 at 03:34:51 by Missy »  

Missy

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #26 - 21.09.2008 at 19:29:33

Hey Missy

I know it is more or less a matter of adoration. But I still believe that this is the best mansion ever. Large, (very) hard, clearly devided sections, really perfect design, superb master puzzle and most importantly: ABSOLUTELY FAIR !!

Enjoy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print