Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Editor needs monitor prefs (Read 4981 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Editor needs monitor prefs
14.02.2007 at 18:01:06

@Vern:

One other great improvement for the new editor (high on my wishlist):

It'd be great if the editor, like the game, had a sort of monitor preferences you can set as you wish. Then I wouldn't have to set the monitor manually on another resolution every time I work with the editor.

It could be just like the game: When you open the editor for the first time you're asked in which monitor resolution you like to work etc.

Is that possible ??   Smiley

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Editor needs monitor prefs
Reply #1 - 15.02.2007 at 04:20:03

When the game changes resolutions, it enters full-screen mode. I'm pretty sure what you're asking for is that the editor NOT enter full-screen mode. Rather, that it change your monitor's resolution, but still run inside a window?

That's not possible without messing up your desktop icons and sizes of other open windows. You *must* be in full-screen mode before you change resolutions if you don't want to mess these things up.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #2 - 15.02.2007 at 05:27:53

This, I don't quite understand, Vern.

Usually, when I open the editor to work on a mansion, it is not running in full screen mode, but in a (very small) window.
Then I manually change monitor resolution from my standard 1280 x 960 (75 Hz) to 800 x 600.... and then the editor window (as all the rest of my desktop) is at such a size that I can work with it a little more conveniantly.

But it still doesn't run in "Full screen mode"... it just happens to almost fill the screen due to the monitor resolution. When I later change back to my old resolution setting (1280 x 960) the desktop looks perfectly normal.
(Only if I had other programs open, like Photoshop etc. some of that software's windows have been re-sized and messed up a little).

So I'm not sure I understand what you mean ?  All I had hoped was that it might be possible to "automate" the switch of the screen resolution, that I usually do manually.... (when using the editor), no matter what screen resolution I have pre-selected for the game (whixh I always run in full-screen mode).  I always thought editor and game were 2 completely independent applications.

BTW: Setting the editor to Full Screen Mode never had much effect on my computer, it never made the "small editor window" any bigger... that's why I never used that anyway.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 15.02.2007 at 05:37:27

I guess I understand what you mean, now... I've re-read your comment a couple of times... and yes, you understood exactly whhat I was asking for...

Regarding my last reply:
It seems that I'm probably only lucky that my display is not messed up after I changed the resolution manually ?!
(if I understand you correctly) ??   Smiley

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #4 - 15.02.2007 at 12:08:17

aquaMat wrote on 15.02.2007 at 05:37:27:
Regarding my last reply:
It seems that I'm probably only lucky that my display is not messed up after I changed the resolution manually ?!
(if I understand you correctly) ??   Smiley

Well, you mentioned windows getting resized if you have other programs open. The thing is, this is acceptable, because *you* initiated the monitor change. But when users tell a program to change resolutions, they do NOT want windows and icons messed up. They'd be quite upset if it happened. And, the way MacOS X works, there is no way for me to change resolutions and not mess anything up, unless my program "takes over" the entire computer, so you can only see my game -- nothing else. That's why, when playing Midnight Mansion in full-screen mode, if you pause and then hit Command-Space, it changes resolutions back to the normal resolution before going to windowed mode. That's the ONLY way it can keep from messing things up.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 15.02.2007 at 17:10:17

Alright.....  thanks for explaining that again. I can see now that it's probably not very practicable....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print