Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Signs (Read 46131 times)
Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Re: Signs
Reply #20 - 11.03.2007 at 11:09:12

Patience, grasshopper.

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #21 - 11.03.2007 at 18:20:11

hehe Wink

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #22 - 12.03.2007 at 02:07:07

How can I? The world might blow up tomarrow so why don't have everything out now?  Grin

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Maniac
Lost One

Below the earth
Reply #23 - 12.03.2007 at 07:18:44

Because it takes a finite amount of time to do anything, including finish Midnight Mansion 1.0.8, and (shockingly, although you may not have realised it) blow up anything.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #24 - 12.03.2007 at 09:43:42

Can't Vern just put it out the way it is after a quick conpile and leave out the unfinished stuff? Who knows, there could be a astroid the size of Texas heading out way!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #25 - 13.03.2007 at 23:25:14

Oh Wingy, let the man work.........
He's probably having enough stuff to think about already, so don't burden him with the responsibility of a potential blast of the planet !!
Shocked Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #26 - 14.03.2007 at 01:34:25

Wingy,

You don't just do a "quick compile". There's more than compiling. Linking, optimizing, resource manipulation. Cool your jets! It'll get here. I'm sitting on three new mansions (~350 rooms), one of them the contest mansion. I'm not releasing anything until 1.08 comes out. This is the perfect opportunity to sit back and think how to make Ted better, or Castle Basano or whatever. Isn't there enough to play out there? If not build something of your own. Psychtronic said it correctly:

Patience grasshopper....

joeb

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #27 - 14.03.2007 at 02:00:12

You're done with your contest mansion???

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #28 - 14.03.2007 at 02:37:00

Pretty much. Still haven't found a Jill I'm happy with but the dogs, monkeys, killer parrots, etc are done. I also don't know if I'm doing any custom music but it goes without saying the sounds will have to be different. Plus I'm still mapping graphics so that playing with standard graphics works. There'll be a Search for Jack and a Search for Jack - STD. STD won't have any custom graphics so it'll be playable as is. The other one will have the mansion file, sound file, new backgrounds, and maybe music. That setup will be wrapped in Decorum so it'll be MUCH easier to switch to it. STD you just play.
Once the contest is announced I'll start looking for the betas and it will be a VERY short list. Maybe 2 but I'm going to keep it as much under wraps as possible and will probably be limited to non-participants. What I will say is that HS was a prototype for the design of  a couple of the areas and it WILL contain a maze with an alternate path that's pretty straightforward but in the hard to very hard level.
Overall the mansion will be medium to hard and it's at 80 rooms EXACTLY.

Joe B

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #29 - 14.03.2007 at 02:42:03

Oh and if Vern allows multiple entries I have another small (20-40 room) silly EASY mansion. It will use the same configuration as SFJ, one customized, one standard.
Other non-contest stuff; I've got a Dominator 2 on the boards and a sequel to TOTOMBS that I'm starting the structure of. Matts drawing up the rooms for both of them.

Joe B

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print