Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stuck in the Ultimate Maze?! (Read 7306 times)
arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Stuck in the Ultimate Maze?!
24.02.2007 at 08:14:24

Last time I finished the mansion, I saw that I was missing several secrets and lots of $$$. I knew roughly where things went wrong thanks to the checkpoints, so I started over at one of my last save points, walked around, and found the Ultimate Maze.

After some wandering in it, however, I came to realise that I was just going around and around in circles and I couldn't find the room that would let me dump what I'd picked up.

I finally had enough of this and cranked open the editor to try to map the maze. I discovered three paths, one from the room I need to go to which joins up with another. But the path from the entrance room seems to be a dead end! I can't go back out of the maze the way I came, so what am I missing?! A room number might be enough of a hint... And, yes, I did access the room with the useless ladder, so I don't think my answer's there.

HELP! Smiley

Cheers,

Arevn
« Last Edit: 22.09.2008 at 03:48:03 by brell »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: stuck in the Ultimate Maze?!
Reply #1 - 24.02.2007 at 17:10:23

Peeping in the editor? Angry I am so glad it didn't help you! Wink Is enough as punishment ... Grin

The Ultimate Maze is what it says: the ultimate challenge in MMaM. I am not sure if anyone got through this maze without any hint. On the previous boards we had around 30 pages with posts and a lot of them were concerning this maze.

What you need to do is using your map(s) and bringing your keys to the room at the left, which is visible on your map. And now the big hint:
in the upper right room of this maze it IS possible to take all three purple keys without leaving that room.
Hope it helps you further.

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #2 - 24.02.2007 at 21:26:32

Freddy wrote on 24.02.2007 at 17:10:23:
Peeping in the editor? Angry

I almost always completely dissect a mansion in the editor when I'm done playing it, to see how it was put together. How else could I a) be so impressed with the designers and b) improve as a mansion builder all the while knowing that I'll never be that good?

Quote:
What you need to do is using your map(s) and bringing your keys to the room at the left,

That's exactly my problem. I've figured out all the possible routes from the entrance and they're a dead end!

Quote:
And now the big hint: Hope it helps you further.

No, not really.  Cheesy If that's where the path from the entrance joins the other path, awesome. In fact, that's what I was beginning to suspect. But how to get from one path to another is still a mystery.

I'm back to banging my head against the desk.

Modifying to add: Finished with 99% secrets and 495,550$ this time. SO close!!! I'm going to try this mansion just one more time and then moving on!  Grin

Arevn
« Last Edit: 25.02.2007 at 04:41:07 by arevn »  

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 01.05.2007 at 20:10:00

I have a question about Ultimate maze. I have all keys but 2 yellow ones that I couldn't bring with me from the "first" path. Is there a way to get back to the "first" path? As you might understand I know how to get from the first to the "second" path. I have looked at the map but can't find a good "crossing" or any hidden way in the walls.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 01.05.2007 at 20:28:02

Hint, rose: Since you know how to get from the first to the second path, you know how to get back. Just "maybe" not in the same spot.
Cool

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 01.05.2007 at 22:09:09

That is what I have been looking for but can't find!!! Could you tell the room  number?

Edit - Don't answer. I tried the only room I could think off and finally we (Jack and I)  managed to "to take the leap"!
« Last Edit: 02.05.2007 at 01:20:23 by rose »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #6 - 02.05.2007 at 01:52:47

Thx for trying to get through the very hard area of MMaM. As the designer of this mansion I am interested in how many lives left Jack has now.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #7 - 02.05.2007 at 02:41:49

If it is a question Jack had 1 life left when he tried to find his way to the 2 missing keys. Now he has to start from the last saving point and there he gets 6. I am not too careful sometimes so Jack trips over the edges! I blame the keyboard, can be me, can it?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #8 - 02.05.2007 at 04:33:46

No! It is definitely the keyboard. During play it should only have 6 buttons ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print