Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
To be or not to be? (Read 30540 times)
Scout
Wanderer

Re: To be or not to be?
Reply #20 - 27.02.2007 at 00:45:00

there was someone complaining about the mask of Jack in Wingy's Star Craft episodes, because his or her old eyes had troubles following the new Jack around the screen.

Brell, that was me. (And I'm a 'her'). It wasn't a complaint, but an observation that was meant to be helpful to the designer. (Wingy, I think it was). I certainly hope he was not offended by my input; I would think that would be something that designers would want to know.

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #21 - 27.02.2007 at 01:38:34

Why do I feel like 90% of this conversation is not actually happening in this thread? Guys, if there's something happening primarily in emails and PMs, let's not drag it onto the boards. It just poisons the waters and makes innocent bystanders nervous. I think most of us are happy just playing the mansions we're interested in and ignoring the ones we're not, and occasionally expressing our opinions about it. I don't see a need for any re-organization of the boards. We're doing fine dealing with individual issues as they come up.

This thread, on the other hand, is not fine, because it's crossed the line into personal territory. I don't know or care whether the line was crossed here or behind the scenes, but it's not cool, and it's not appropriate for the Midnight Mansion forums. If you have to press the issue, do it by PM or email. Like most of the regulars here, I'll bet, I like to be able to read any thread on the forums without encountering a lot of tension or conflict, and part of the administrators' job should be to lock any thread that is no longer civil, for the good of the boards as a whole.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #22 - 27.02.2007 at 03:42:59

Psychotronic wrote on 27.02.2007 at 01:38:34:
Why do I feel like 90% of this conversation is not actually happening in this thread? Guys, if there's something happening primarily in emails and PMs, let's not drag it onto the boards. It just poisons the waters and makes innocent bystanders nervous. I think most of us are happy just playing the mansions we're interested in and ignoring the ones we're not, and occasionally expressing our opinions about it. I don't see a need for any re-organization of the boards. We're doing fine dealing with individual issues as they come up..

Agreed. I think it *would* be nice to have the description for a mansion mention if it has custom graphics, or if it is a "total replacement" that requires you to move files around, so downloaders know what they're downloading. But that would only be a nice convenience to have, and nothing else is necessary.

Psychotronic wrote on 27.02.2007 at 01:38:34:
This thread, on the other hand, is not fine, because it's crossed the line into personal territory. I don't know or care whether the line was crossed here or behind the scenes, but it's not cool, and it's not appropriate for the Midnight Mansion forums. If you have to press the issue, do it by PM or email. Like most of the regulars here, I'll bet, I like to be able to read any thread on the forums without encountering a lot of tension or conflict, and part of the administrators' job should be to lock any thread that is no longer civil, for the good of the boards as a whole.

Yes, let's try to keep this board friendly. Life's too short to get into arguments about games. Smiley

Everyone please try to remember to be nice, especially to mansion designers who have put a lot of work into their mansions. That doesn't mean you can't offer "constructive criticism" but do try to avoid "I hate this" kind of comments. If you hate something, simply don't play it. Wink

Thanks for the comments, Psychotronic. Let's end this thread here, and get back to friendly discussions about how to make mansions, etc.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #23 - 27.02.2007 at 19:58:41

See what happened.

Y'all have probably not read my post above, which was the second or third in this thread, where I said:

Please be careful !!   
Let us not initiate aversities and "opponent groups" where there are in reality only several different points of view

So I agree with Psychotronic, everybody please cool it...!!

And to Joe B. ....don't be fooled into thinking any of this discussion was against you, if you look on the (inofficial) polls we held a couple weeks ago, somewhere else on this forum, you'll notice that almost everybody named Mummy's and TOTOMBS among their top ten fave mansions, including myself, brell and God knows who. (That was before the release of Dominator).

I am a huge fan of TOTOMBS and Mummy's, and the only reason Dominator is clocking in at the third place is that I'm not too much into SciFi.  So please....continue making those wonderful mansions....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #24 - 05.03.2007 at 02:03:36

Well, this is my first day back after being in Jamaica for a week, and I've been trying to catch up with all the posts. Not an easy task!  Cool

I have to say that I've been a little worried lately, too, that MM was eventually going to change into a space themed, shooter type game. Or if not exactly a shooter, that it would become more complicated with picking up different tools and having to remember more keys to do different tasks.

This post has set my mind at ease, I feel that MM will remain true to its original look and feel for those of us that want it that way. I sure hope so, anyway. I don't always switch the files to use the custom graphics, sometimes it's just too much trouble. When I saw the instructions for Dominator, it was just too much to read for now. Maybe in a couple days, after I get back in my routine. But I do think the custom graphics are awesome, and I appreciate all the hard work and creativity that goes into them.

So don't flame me, I think there's room for everybody. I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents worth.
Cool

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #25 - 05.03.2007 at 04:08:24

Oook... so what is this getting to?   Huh Anyways... Vern, why don't you make it so you can add a SND resource in the mansion file and I.D.s for graphics to work so you don't have to move around files that much?  Shocked

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #26 - 05.03.2007 at 08:27:43

Wingy, Vern has already added sprite replacement to the next update.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #27 - 05.03.2007 at 09:42:28

@Psycho:
I KNOW!!!

@Vern: But what about sounds and graphics!?  Shocked

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #28 - 06.03.2007 at 02:58:13

What do you mean by graphics? Backgrounds?

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #29 - 06.03.2007 at 03:41:03

I mean like, for example, the inventory and stuff! Not the backgrounds.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print