Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Monkey shines (Read 13493 times)
Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Monkey shines
25.02.2007 at 23:57:47

This is one of my favorite games of all time I just remembered. The strange thing was, I realized it was by vern! It's his first creation and a lot like MM. Check it out and see what you think! (you need classic to download)http://www.fantasoft.com/mshq/

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Monkey shines
Reply #1 - 26.02.2007 at 20:00:28

No no no.... not that game!  Shocked I had that on my old computer! I don't know what to say about it... it was totally okward!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - 27.02.2007 at 00:56:43

It wasn't by me. Rather, I was a level designer for it... I did the "Spooked" and "In the Swing" worlds. The odd thing is, from talking with the artist for Monkey Shines recently, I learned that that game was *far* more successful than Midnight Mansion has been so far. Which strikes me as odd, because I think Midnight Mansion is a much better game, but then again I'm biased.  Cool

I think Monkey Shines sold mostly to young kids. So maybe Midnight Mansion is just too hard for some kids, and therefore didn't sell as well to them? I don't know. Weird.

P.S. Compare Monkey Shine's level editor to Midnight Mansions's. The Monkey Shines one is SO hard to use by comparison! And it used to have lots of crashing bugs when I was making levels on it years ago... one time it crashed my computer so hard, that it destroyed the entire world I had designed up until that point, and I had to start all over!

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #3 - 27.02.2007 at 05:52:18

That's true, I just LOVED that game when I was little. I was close to being as obsessed as I am in MM.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #4 - 27.02.2007 at 09:16:58

How about Lode Runner? My obsession in an earlier life.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #5 - 27.02.2007 at 10:08:01

Yes! Lode Runner! That was one of the first games I ever really loved. I made a whole series of levels with the level editor in that game, too. There was a story to it and everything. Brilliant game.

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #6 - 02.03.2007 at 04:44:32

Sigh. Just wrote a post on the Lode Runner thread - there was also a puzzle game that involved the number 3 being lost in the computer. You had to solve a bunch of pretty good puzzles to rescue it. One of the earlier interactive games.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Monkey Shines
Reply #7 - 02.03.2007 at 09:10:20

I believe you're referring to "Three in Three" -- one of the early color Mac games. (If it even was color... I forget.) I played the very beginning of it once, but never got too far, but I've heard good things about it.

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #8 - 02.03.2007 at 09:20:19

Yes, Three in Three - black and white and a lot of fun. The computer owner in that game looks so much like the man at the computer in MM&M.  3 in3 had some really interesting puzzles. At the time it seemed a breakthrough in Mac games. I think we 'survived' gamewise with Three in Three, then Lode Runner (original) and Kaboom. Lode Runner was a primitive MM - levels, skill and 'the hero'.

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #9 - 02.03.2007 at 11:01:57

Whoops. I did the Lode Runner thread first, too. Anyway, 3 in Three was great. There was another one called The Fool's Errand that was pretty neat, too. But my first computer game addiction had to be Wizardry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print