Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Chase The 'Bots (Read 22281 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Chase The 'Bots
27.02.2007 at 23:53:24

Last week I made a small experimental mansion using Joe B's DOMINATOR game data (sprites, tiles, background pics).... originally I just made it for myself....(I might not like SciFi very much, but I'm really inmto robots)... but now I'll like to share it with you.

I remember Joe allowed other people to use his custom graphics, as long as they didn't release their stuff before he could release Dominator. So I hope you don't mind, Joe, that I bring this little fun mansion up, here.

And I have to stress it: most of the credit for this must go out to Joe B, who made those sweet robots and all the rest of those graphics.

CHASE THE BOTS is a pretty tuff mansion, you need to be very fast to even start it correctly...there are many unnecessary deaths  Cheesy and I'd like to make it into a challenge...a contest:

The point is, who can arrive at the exit with the best time, with most lives intact and all secrets and cash, ehm...batteries, found.

I'll give you 1 initial hint: as soon as you start the game, you must catch the moving platform and
ecape the robot that chases you twice by jumping over him, in order to continue.

It's called CHASE THE BOTS as you are not only chased by robots, but sometimes you'll have to chase them in order to avoid them.

And remember:
when playing CHASE THE BOTS it is essential that you have the Dominator game data installed !!!

Have fun.... and report yoiur times and lives here.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: Chase The 'Bots
Reply #1 - 28.02.2007 at 01:47:28

Impressive mansion aquaMat! Shocked

Um, your hint doesn't provide the shortest way I'm afraid. Anyway, here comes my score.

Bots_Chased.jpg (71 KB | )
Bots_Chased.jpg

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #2 - 28.02.2007 at 02:46:53

WHAT?!?!?!!
Absolutely positively use them but please let me know!
Not for any other reason then Matt & I would like to play them.

Have downloaded but I'm at work so I'll have to play later.

Joe B

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 28.02.2007 at 16:59:12

Toybox
, I'm absolutely stunned !!! You're either the best player in the world...or you really found a shortcut and used it ?!  (Did you play it w/ Dominator game data?)

But if you did it "the official way"...well then, hats off to you !! Smiley

Nobody else playin' ???

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #4 - 28.02.2007 at 18:51:10

I don't know if I used a shortcut... It seemed the normal way to me. Except (SPOILER)
I had to jump above the first one only once
  Wink And I used the Dominator theme indeed.

Actually, I think one could do slightly better, because I managed later (by chance, I confess) to do something slightly faster than when I posted this score. Dying in the next room slowed me down afterwards though Roll Eyes (SPOILER AGAIN)
And maybe one can do without the "lantern", too. Another half-second won!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 28.02.2007 at 23:01:45

Toybox, you're indeed right with your comment about the l.... (2nd spoiler)....but this is only possible in a 2nd run-through, when you know the room already !!

I'm still struggling to finish it nearly as fast, even if I built it !!   Cool

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #6 - 28.02.2007 at 23:44:46

I don't believe I could actually follow in practise the theory of the second spoiler anyway

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 02.03.2007 at 20:01:40

Nobody else seems in the mood to participate ???   Undecided  Sad

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #8 - 02.03.2007 at 20:25:05

I won on my first time! SmileyI don't remember my points but I got the secret below the end. I had 5 lives left. That's all I remember. It's  cool mansion, and you have to think fast on the first part... Grin

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #9 - 03.03.2007 at 23:44:12

The reason I haven't tried the mansion yet is that I haven't felt like dragging all the dominator files around again. Maybe I'll get to it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print