Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Decorum (Read 15870 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Decorum
Reply #10 - 15.03.2007 at 05:26:46

ryos wrote on 15.03.2007 at 05:15:53:
...weeks pass...

Whew! I almost forgot to do this. Here's the new release I promised in the first thread. The application itself is unchanged, but I've included more documentation and the source code, so this release is a must for developers looking to release their mansions with this tool, but not so much for people who just want to use it.

Can someone edit the first post to reflect this? I would have but it seems editing expires after a while.

ryos, do you want me to remove the attached file in the first post and point people to this one?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #11 - 15.03.2007 at 05:26:58

@ ryos:
I have been busy with a lot of other MM-things, but anyway, I am ashamed that I didn't "test" Decorum yet. When it works smoothly, please tell me, I wonder if we, administrators, should be able to include the use of Decorum BEFORE the release of mansions with customisezd graphics, sounds etc. That would be a great help for all players, I think. I am also thinking of this kind of mansions that were released in the past.

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #12 - 15.03.2007 at 05:48:16

@Brell: yes please.

@Freddy: I must admit that while parts of your post make sense on their own, the gist of what you're trying to say escapes me.  Embarrassed

Edit: while I'm still not sure what exactly you're getting at, let me reiterate that Decorum is open source software and you are all free to do with it as you please provided you comply with the (extremely liberal) terms of the BSD license. You don't need to ask permission, just do it. Smiley

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #13 - 15.03.2007 at 06:10:17

Okay. New try.

There is Decorum. And there are custom Mansions: from the past and in future. I was wondering, for the already released mansions and for the future mansions where the designers did NOT integrate Decorum, if we, administrators could do that. So that ALL mansions with customized graphics etc. are nicely prepared for all players.

That was what I was trying to ask. Hope it is clearer now.

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #14 - 15.03.2007 at 06:23:10

Oh! Well, no complaint from me. You might want to clear it with the actual designers first, though.

And, you'll also hit a documentation-shaped hurdle. I've included a suggested readme in this new release that should be handy as a base for readmes of mansions that use Decorum, but it still needs to be tailored to the specific mansion.

And, I don't remember if I mentioned this in any readme, but Decorum works on OS X 10.2 - 10.4 and is a universal binary. Any mansions that use it should be packaged in a disk image for the sake of 10.2, which does not properly unzip applications.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print