Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Other games on your fruity machine (Read 17453 times)
Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Other games on your fruity machine
03.03.2007 at 17:03:31

So... what else do people play?

I'm quite boring when it comes to games, I like puzzles but hate killing games where you just run around and beat sh*t up. I often go to apple.com's downloads section and get some shareware. That's where I found MM and some other cool stuff. At the moment I'm mainly playing MM with a bit of Mahjong thrown in.

How's about you?

Smiley.

games1.jpg (48 KB | )
games1.jpg
WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Other games on your fruity machine
Reply #1 - 03.03.2007 at 19:44:30

I'm a big gamer... my games go up to... 7.96 GBs! (Worms 3D is 4.8 GBs)  Shocked  Roll Eyes Here's what other games I play. You better start trying them! Lara's games I've tried most of them, and I didn't really like them. Yipe III is a really fu - ny game for classic it's a RPG. Best thing about it, you can ResEdit it and change the bad guys and sounds! Download it at Yipe! Soft. (Google it)  Wink

P.S. I can guess what your background picture is. Flowers! (I think)  Cheesy

games2.png (162 KB | )
games2.png

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 03.03.2007 at 19:50:24

Wingy, I can see you have WarCraft II folder dated 2006.  Is this an OS X version?

About Lode Runner:  I think it needs a lesser resolution and 256 colors.

One of my favourite puzzle games is Zep's Dreamland http://www.loomsoft.net/.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 03.03.2007 at 20:38:41

The only game that is nearly as good as MM, (and whose graphics are even better than MM, but you can't make custom levels) and which has given me hours and hours of fun...is 
Bud Redhead
.  I can only recommend it.

I don't like 3D very much.  I bought Bugdom 2.... it became boring faster than you could say cockroach.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #4 - 03.03.2007 at 21:03:44

I usually play my other games on the PS2 but I have a few reccomendations...

-Goofy golf deluxe is a great game, which is a mini golf game using a little of claymation. You can make custom levels and has an overall great gameplay.www.download.com/Goofy-Golf-Deluxe/3000-7427_4-914081.html

-After that I play roller coaster tycoon 3 and simcity. Those games are cool too.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #5 - 04.03.2007 at 00:17:37

I ran across a cool action game called Feeding Frenzy. Fun and educational!

http://www.gamehouse.com/gamedetails/?game=FeedingFre&navpage=downloadgames

Plus, the new breakout-style Professor Fizzwizzle game is good.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 04.03.2007 at 01:34:32

When Lode Runner starts, it says "Do you want to run on 256 colors or keep it like this" I always did 256 colors. Still didn't work!  Undecided

And WarCraft II is a OS 9 version. I play it alot, but never save or make maps that modifies it since '06 I guess...  Tongue

I like games where you control people, and they build buildings to train men to fight for you, and you get resources, ect. (Like starcraft, age of empires, age of mythology)  Cheesy

I noticed lara has mummy maze deluxe. I love that game! Never got around to buying it though so I deleted it.  Embarrassed

I don't really like puzzle games that much. But there was a tropical island one (from www.apple.com/games/demos ) with shapes, I really enjoyed that!

Can anyone offer screenshots of their games folder?

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #7 - 04.03.2007 at 02:24:01

Yes yes, here it comes.

Picture_1_002.jpg (264 KB | )
Picture_1_002.jpg

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 04.03.2007 at 02:52:21

Hmmm...some past favourites include:

PerOxyd and Oxyd series games
Akeyan Enigma by Soleau software
Myst (but I didn't enjoy any of the sequels, at all)
Jewels of the Oracle (not well-designed but I enjoyed the puzzles)

Mostly I prefer logic-puzzle games. I did somewhat enjoy Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, but it was a bit more violent than I prefer. (I don't know why archeology can't be interesting enough to design a game around, without the violence).

But, MM has the best replay value, by far!

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #9 - 04.03.2007 at 03:04:29

Scout wrote on 04.03.2007 at 02:52:21:
PerOxyd and Oxyd series games

Wow! I used to be addicted to Per Oxyd!!!!!!!!!!! I never got round to buying the game though, I may have to google it now though.

Woo!

Ooh!!! And I used to pay Akyean Enigma too!

3rd Edit: I found a remake of Oxyd called Engima!

Go here: http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

Woo again!

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print