Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Other games on your fruity machine (Read 17603 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Other games on your fruity machine
Reply #10 - 04.03.2007 at 06:24:50

Just out of curiousity... ToyBox, do you have an iMac? Because iMacs come with Nanosaur and Marble Blast! (I may be wrong, because there are other models from that time that had it)  Roll Eyes

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #11 - 04.03.2007 at 06:31:22

Nope, it's an ibook. Well, I have an imac as well but I don't use it anymore (an old '99 purple model running Mac OS 9). I used to have Nanosaur 1 on it but no Marble Blast.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #12 - 04.03.2007 at 08:02:14

@ Toybox

My Mac predecessor was an iMac G3 in indigo. It's hard-drive was a pitiful 10GB and when I bought my first iPod my Christmas present from my Dad was some RAM So i could install OSX and run my iPod. Cheesy.

And I did my Uni degree on that little 13" cutie pie so it served me well. And I got it second-hand off my department for £200 so I was very satisfied with it. Smiley. Then I sold it on eBay and got £90 for it. Yay for me.

I was gonna put up a picture of it, but I can't find any. Sad. Sweet little baby blue, I shall remember you with fondness

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #13 - 04.03.2007 at 18:42:28

Scout wrote on 04.03.2007 at 02:52:21:
Hmmm...some past favourites include:

PerOxyd and Oxyd series games
(...)
But, MM has the best replay value, by far!

Yeah Scout !!

I also used to like Oxyd and PerOxyd a lot (in the old days).... never understood why it hasn't be ported (or upgraded) to OSX !!

Other games on my machine: (Although I have to admit, prior to MM I haven't been such a devoted gamer)

GooBall  (one of the few 3D games that is not instantly boring)
Brave Dwarves  (looks good in Demo mode....after you finished all the levels it very quickly gets boring)
CreepyMines 2  (= 3D)  pretty boring....the old 2D version was much better, albeit a little bug-y)
Armado  (quite cute for 3D)
Gold Miner Joe (platformer.....compared to MM it's a boring joke)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 04.03.2007 at 18:45:35

@Psychotronic:

Is "Feeding Frenzy" really good ??
I've seen it so often in MacGameFiles...and everytime - after I inspected a few screenshots - I had the feeling it's not worth downloading....  but if you tell me otherwise, I might give it a try ?!

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #15 - 05.03.2007 at 02:46:22

I found it ridiculously fun. I'm a sucker for bright colors. But the demo lasts for 60 minutes, and I didn't end up purchasing the full version. I probably would have paid $10 for it, but $20 was too much.

A game I DID end up buying, and enjoying quite a lot, was Ricochet: Lost Worlds. www.ricochetlostworlds.com. ; It's a breakout-style game, but it's just done so well, and there's a huge number of user-created levels kicking around.

IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #16 - 05.03.2007 at 03:32:48

aquaMat:

I also used to like Oxyd and PerOxyd a lot (in the old days).... never understood why it hasn't be ported (or upgraded) to OSX

A little further upthread, Lara provided a link to the remake, called "Enigma":

http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

I downloaded this quite a while ago and then kind of ignored it since it wasn't really...well it just wasn't Oxyd. But I re-downloaded it this morning from Lara's link, and it looks like they've re-created ALL the Oxyd games for OSX (inside the "Levels" folder, they're all there).

It's not quite as elegant as the original, but it will do!

And thanks to Lara for the link.

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #17 - 05.03.2007 at 05:19:43

The new PerOxyd is fun! I spent a few hours playing it this weekend. But I download BudRedhead this morning and I'm getting addicted to that. It's pretty much like Sonic but as that's a PC/Console game I never really played it. BudReshead is great though! And it's save points can be used again and again - wicked!

Smiley.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #18 - 05.03.2007 at 05:34:20

Toybox wrote on 04.03.2007 at 06:31:22:
Nope, it's an ibook. Well, I have an imac as well but I don't use it anymore (an old '99 purple model running Mac OS 9). I used to have Nanosaur 1 on it but no Marble Blast.

Welcome to the club, ToyBox! Seems only masterminds own iBooks!   Wink It's my
precious
ibook!

Roll Eyes  Tongue I love saying big letters!  Tongue

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #19 - 05.03.2007 at 07:23:10

@scout & Lara:

Well...that's good news.... I'll download it a.s.a.po. and will test it later !!   Smiley Wink

Thx a lot !!

and
@Psychotronic:

Thanks for the additional info...!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print