Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Re: Helter Skullter (Read 52855 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Re: Helter Skullter
Reply #40 - 10.03.2007 at 17:57:07

PS

@brell

yes I am working on an easy version

jb

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #41 - 10.03.2007 at 18:52:02

Joe,
I think you made just the right decisions on what changes to make..... sounds much better now...while still having the same degree of thrill and "danger" that made it good in the first place !!

BTW, that's what I liked most about this mansion.... that you have all those little jumps to make, and have to be absolutely on your toes all the time...  I remember I once played it, a couple of days ago, when I was already very tired.... and I died a thoudand deaths even in places I could pass easily during earlier attempts. 

Stuff like this keeps the "replay value" of a mansion high !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #42 - 10.03.2007 at 19:12:55

joeb wrote on 10.03.2007 at 17:57:07:
PS

@brell

yes I am working on an easy version

jb

I just asked for one saving point for us lesser players  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #43 - 10.03.2007 at 21:29:15

joeb wrote on 10.03.2007 at 17:53:06:
I still haven't seen a post where someone has.

Ahem...

Did you see Reply #44? Which, I have to point out, was before arrival of the Lantern.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #44 - 10.03.2007 at 22:13:48

Toybox,

My APOLOGIES!

I didn't see your post. I usually just skip to the last post.

Congratulations on being the first. Now the big question......

Thoughts????

Joe B

PS I am off for some tournaments today. Knocking over groups of wood with a heavy ball (bowling) and won't be back until later this afternoon ~9 hours from now.

later all,

joeb

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #45 - 10.03.2007 at 22:40:01

Ah, the last post on the page tends to be overlooked Wink

As for my thoughts... I believe this is one of my favourite mansions.

I couldn't judge about Jack-Stucks (except the one I pointed out, but which I grant you involves Jack actively trying to get stuck: you see you don't have the keys and still you jump between the doors). I agree with what had been said before - great replay value, also because it is not so frustrating to replay the whole mansion if you messed up your way the first time. Because of the small size, you can easily make use of the knowledge you get when you play and lose (like, opening the wrong blue door, or tricking the giant spider - it got me twice, but finally I learned how to deal with it) without getting frustrated. Not sure I would have found my way to the bottom part of the Dark room without your hint though  Wink

I liked the puzzles and tricks. You implemented very nicely the principle that the more you rush, the more likely you are to make a fatal mistake.

As for the passage from the dark room to upstairs: once you are upstairs for the first time, I think there are ways to fall through the floor if you just walk to your left or jump clumsily (I don't remember); also, if the moving platform is already moving, you will arrive on non-solid ground (so you need a ladder jump not to fall back to the dark room).

(Did all this make sense now?)

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #46 - 11.03.2007 at 01:18:00

One point I like to add:
Someone here (brell) has remarked earlier: a saving point just before that hard area (14297/14298) would be extremly helpful...!

I can only second that emotion !!

As much fun it is to replay this mansion...after the 10th time it gets a bit frustrating !!

So what do you think, Joe.

As brell said, this would be enough to make it into a somewhat "easier" version. (You could still leave the original version, as the hard one !)

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #47 - 11.03.2007 at 01:32:53

Finally finished this one. A lot of fun, but it really got frustrating without a save point, to have to go through the beginning part so many times. Jack died a gazillion deaths before I finally made it. Only 75% secrets, though.
Undecided

Great mansion, though.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #48 - 11.03.2007 at 01:43:09

Joe.... is it possible that there is a mistake in version 006 ??

As opposed to earlier versions in the dark room once Jaclk has stepped on the floor-switch to open the door that lets the skull-spiders thru....that door now remmains open, even when Jack re-enters the room.

In earlier versions you could walk out of the room and re-enter and the door was closed again. (Made more sense to me !!)

The way it is now.... I had not been able to get to the lantern before all those skull mothers were eating me alive !!

Phew:   and all that after I re-played the beginning yet another time....  Sad Roll Eyes   Wink

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #49 - 11.03.2007 at 03:43:38

@aquaMat

There is another way to the lantern.
Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print