Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battlestar Galactica (Read 7648 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Battlestar Galactica
07.03.2007 at 20:27:51

Didn't know where to post this so I thought this might be a good place.

The new Battlestar Galactica tv show on the SciFi channel is running a sort of contest where you can put together a 4 minute video using BG supplied video/sounds/effects. I plan on entering a video but also using the content in a future mansion. I know space based MM aren't very popular but good content is both hard to generate and hard to find and this is a chance at some VERY cool stuff. Here's the link:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/videomaker/

joeb

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Battlestar Galactica
Reply #1 - 07.03.2007 at 23:43:35

Oh my gosh... not that TV show! My eldest brother watches it like crazy. I don't watch it because of the title, it sounds kinda dull. StarGate, that sounds cool, so I watched that! Can't wait till the next Atlantis episode comes out! Or the SG-1 movies they're making to finish off the SG-1 TV series!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #2 - 07.03.2007 at 23:58:51

This season has been more people centric not as exciting but I'm definitely with you on Stargate Atlantis. Just picked up the season 2 DVD set. I have the first season as well as the pilot on DVD too.
Did you see the original Stargate from 1994 with Kurt Russell and James Spader?

Being a Frank Herbert fan I also like Dune and Children of Dune. Waiting to see if they do God Emperor Dune. The book was so-so but I think it would make a pretty good movie considering CG could make a pretty good combination human/sandworm. We'll see.

But with the content they've made available I can see a Battlestar mansion in the future with cylones, etc. I just got a really cool new robot mesh that looks like a skinny cylon.

But first there's Search for Jack which I've completed the structure for. I wanted to be a little more logical so I laid it out in an Excel speadsheet. I think I might do it as a contest entry but 80 rooms has kind of limited what I wanted to do with it. I may be forced to do a "Directors cut" version with 150 or so rooms.

later dude,

Joe B

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #3 - 08.03.2007 at 00:07:28

Ever saw.... MacGyver? Staring Richard Dean Anderson? (Person who played General Jack O'neill in StarGate SG-1) I own the first two seasons! I wanna get the next...

macgyver.jpg (78 KB | )
macgyver.jpg

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #4 - 08.03.2007 at 00:37:18

Yup, seen McGyver.

FYI I used to do a lot of DV work and got into laserdisc so I have about 400 movies on laser. They stopped making the good stuff on laser or it was more expensive so I've been doing DVD and have a couple of hundred of those too. I LOVE movies!!

joeb

ps don't know if you saw I released a quick and dirty version of Helter Skullter. It's in the Free Uploading section.

jb

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 09.03.2007 at 23:19:55

Hah.... we used to make jokes about that McGyver chap.... how he ALWAYS solved every mystery and mastered every danger by the help of a pocket knife and a match or something else he found in his jeans pockets.  Smiley Wink

Oh the 80s......  Grin Cheesy

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #6 - 10.03.2007 at 00:35:45

Well going a little pre 80's I always thought he should've been named Felix MacGyver because he reminded me of Felix the Cat and his Bag of Tricks:

Felix the Cat
The wonderful, wonderful cat.
Whenever he gets in a fix
He reaches into his Bag of Tricks....

Wow, really showing my age here....

Joe B

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 10.03.2007 at 00:41:20

Hehe, there are actually other people here that remember that cat  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #8 - 10.03.2007 at 19:46:40

Angryyeah, showing the age. And I just FEEL like 18!! Kiss

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #9 - 10.03.2007 at 20:17:46

Felix Macgyver? I don't think so... I heard that his name was Angus. I think his granddad said his name in a flash-back in a episode.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print