Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Graphics tutorial 2 (Read 6101 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Graphics tutorial 2
19.03.2007 at 22:48:05

No I haven't written it yet and probably won't until at least 1.08 is out but my question is:

How many of you think it would be a good idea?
What sort of information would you be interested in seeing?

Thanks,

Joe B

PS - Lets keep this on topic, not well in my mansion I do this, or I do that but more along the line of:
"I'd like to be able to do this or that, can I?"

thx

joeb

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Graphics tutorial 2
Reply #1 - 19.03.2007 at 22:56:20

Hmmm... I've never read any of your tutorials so I wouldn't need it... But I think you should do it, for the sake of newbies. Tongue Wink But if you where going to make one, I'd like to see something about changing sounds! And maybe some cool tips and tricks you want to share.  Tongue Roll Eyes Wink

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #2 - 19.03.2007 at 23:27:39

Quote:
Hmmm... I've never read any of your tutorials so I wouldn't need it...

Maybe then you should start writing up some of your tips and tricks. I'm never afraid to learn something new which happens everyday to me.

Quote:
I'd like to see something about changing sounds

Same as graphics. Change the resource content. That was an easy tutorial to write.
Cool

Quote:
And maybe some cool tips and tricks you want to share.

Good point. I have been helping a LOT of people off forum thru emails and PMs. I'll start compiling those and put that out one of these days.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #3 - 20.03.2007 at 00:06:06

Maybe I should start a document... but I've got Ted to finish... maybe later... but there will be more tips and tricks to tell once the expansion comes out!  Roll Eyes

I've already changed some sound Resources. But you said that there's a app. that makes it into .SND docs. But it doesnt matter. I just rename .AIFF or .MOV docs to .SND and it works!  Cheesy Grin

Better get going on your compiling!  Wink

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 20.03.2007 at 01:39:58

Joe,  I think it's a great idea. To have another of your well-written tutorials would be most welcome....no matter if certain points in it might be already known to certain people. The good thing about a manual like this is that you have many bits of information gathered in one place, so whenever you'd like to find ouit something you know where to look first.

And I'm pretty sure it will be just as interesting for those people who have made some experiments of their own already, as for the "newbie" (as Wingy called 'em).

One can never learn enough.

Speaking for myself...I'm sure I'm still very far from knowing everything about custom graphics.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #5 - 20.03.2007 at 05:19:06

I think it would be a good idea to show people how to make custom sprites, thats all I need to know (although you sent me the pm on that) Grin I just think other people that can't do that should know how to.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #6 - 20.03.2007 at 13:40:37

OK Guys. I hear what you're saying. I think that a tutorial laying out how to split up animated graphics and how to make sure they don't jump up and down as Wingy pointed out would be a good simple tutorial to put together. Right now at my "REAL" job we have a major reorganization going on. One of the mid level VPs left and they have decided not to replace him which means, like other things, the work will roll downhill. So a lot of assignments are changing which means TONS of meetings where everyone tries to shift extra work out of their individual kingdoms. I'll be fairly busy over the next few days to 2 weeks so I may be absent from the forum. Maybe while I'm away Vern will get 1.08 out (Vern, this is NOT a prod to get it out simply a possibility based on the "upcoming" release of 1.08). This goes for PMs and emails too. If you don't get an answer from me it's simply that I'm busy and I will get back to you.

Later guys (and ladies Wink),

Joe B

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print