Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Discoteque of Doom Help - again (Read 18833 times)
dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Discoteque of Doom Help - again
08.04.2007 at 05:47:38

Greetings all, again (and Ryos, hi again),

I followed Ryos' instructions and they worked like a charm getting out of room 20505.
Now I find myself stuck elsewhere, closer to the destination but still afar off.
I am now in room 20310, with the four squares. I am in the lower left square, having fallen off the "M/M" block.
Jack can't get out; please tell me this is not a glitch, and there's some trick move to get back in action.  Huh
Many thanks,
DLC
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:46:24 by brell »  
dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Re: Discoteque of Doom Help - again
Reply #1 - 08.04.2007 at 06:39:58

'Fraid I'm not sure what you're talking about. You may have found a hidden area that I missed.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #2 - 08.04.2007 at 07:46:11

Hi Ryos,
Thanks for the response.
The main square is divided into four "quadrants" (with a shortened purple door between the two left-side quadrants). Each quadrant has one block (load-bearing so to speak) in the middle of it, the bottom two having the initials "MM" on them. The lower left quadrant *had* one skull spider in it - that killed one of my Jacks, so it's gone. In attempting to jump up on to the higher level (the upper two quadrants), jack fell behind (to the left) of the MM square in this lower left quadrant, making him trapped by hte MM block - he can't jump on it, he can't scoot under it, he appears to be trapped.
I was wondering if there was a way out, like a special jump to get back onto the MM block and back into action? (I am guessing that there is an area to explore beyond the aforementioned purle door; I did find the key which was in the lower RIGHT quadrant).
Thanks,
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 08.04.2007 at 19:59:43

First of all.... Ryos - thanks for answering dlcatftwin's first question (in the other thread). Your answers have been correct.

Now to this question:  (BTW.... why did you create a new thread for it??  I only stumbled upon it by chance... Wink)

In room #20310 it seems you have made the one "bad" move I thought I had prevented....by putting not one, but two skull spiders in the lower left quadrant I wanted to indicate it's not a good idea to leave the MM-block... in case someone still does...say he accidentially fell off the MM-block (like you did apparently), I thought 2 skullspiders were enough to take care of this !!

You must have died at least twice, and fallen off the MM-block three times to end there stuck ?!?   Shocked Shocked
'Cause that's what you are now, sorry to report...!!

STILL: I don't think that qualifies as a Jack-stuck that needs to be designed out....even if in this case it definitely is.  
But it happens only to one in a million players, I reckon....to fall off three times in a row....  wouldn't it ?    Cool

So, dlcatftwin, unfortunately there's no solution...other than to abort the game and restart at the nearest save point.
Sorry about this.  

PS:  Thanks for playing & enjoying DoD..... please keep playing !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #4 - 08.04.2007 at 23:41:34

Quote:
You must have died at least twice, and fallen off the MM-block three times to end there stuck ?!?

...Or, he just happened to have two shields...

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #5 - 09.04.2007 at 07:25:24

Thanks, Aquamat,
I went ahead and went back to save #5, and when I came back to the area in question, I just avoided that square altogether.
A little of both (referring to Ryos) - I had one shield and died twice, trying to find the way up to the higher level of quadrants. Gues i don't have that "Lost One" status for nothing! Smiley
Thank yu both for the replies.
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 10.04.2007 at 18:26:06

But now you're rewarded with being a wanderer !!!   Cheesy Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #7 - 11.04.2007 at 02:31:09

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Party time!  Smiley Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 11.04.2007 at 08:52:43

Oh, yeah, oh yeah, a promotion - how cool! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 11.04.2007 at 18:27:13

Yo
Wingy
.... what about you ??

I remember you raised hell to get your hands on the Discotheque before your holiday.... and now ?
Have you played it at all ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print