Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rules for Posting (Read 6458 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Rules for Posting
14.04.2007 at 05:18:15

It has come to my attention that, due to some recent threads in certain topics on this board, some parents/grandparents feel these boards are too unfriendly to let their children/grandchildren participate, for fear of being flamed by some who have posted unfriendly comments here in the past (including the very recent past). I think this is a true shame. I'm sure they're not the only ones who have shyed away from participating due to the unfriendly tone taken in some threads, and it's time to take some action.

First, there will be some rules. These rules will be enforced by the administrators.

1) Keep your comments friendly. If you have something unkind/unpleasant to say to someone else, even if it's "for their own good" then email or PM the admins about it, but DO NOT post about it, and do not PM the person you have unpleasant words for. The admin is the ONLY person to contact regarding the other person's behavior.

2) Keep your posts useful. Don't post something just for the sheer sake of trying to increase your total number of posts. There is some leeway here, of course, as short friendly comments might not have much purpose, but are still welcome if they contribute to the friendly tone of the board or are encouraging to someone else. However, please do your best to avoid posts that simply have no purpose. There is nothing more disappointing to see the "New messages" icon beside a forum, and then open it up, only to find a useless post there that says nothing new or interesting.

The only place for useless posts is in the Speaker's Corner area.

3) Do not post "mine is better" type posts. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but the intent must be to help the author improve his mansion, NOT to simply boast about how yours is better.

4) Do not ask Vern when the next release of [Product Name here] is. He doesn't know. It will be released whenever it's ready.

5) Don't repetitively ask when a custom mansion will be released. Also, do not promise a specific date when your mansion will be released, since it takes time for forum admins to approve and upload mansions. You may say when you will be sending your mansion to admins for approval, but make it clear this is not necessarily a release date.

If you break the rules, your post may be deleted by the admins. You may also receive a warning message from them, and if warnings go unheeded, your account may be temporarily suspended. If repeated offenses continue after your account is reinstated, your account might be permanently suspended.

Second, some suggestions:

1) Remember that written words do not have the inflection that speech has, and therefore it is a very good idea to *re-read* your post before you submit it, to see if anything might be taken the wrong way. If it might be, reword it, add smileys, whatever, so it won't be misunderstood.

2) Avoid bragging about something you've done. You can of course *let* people know about something you've done, for instance posting a screenshot of the Mansion Completed screen for a certain custom mansion that you finished well, but try to avoid the attitude of bragging, especially "I did better than you" or "My mansion is better than yours" type comments.

3) Be respectful to others.

4) Sometimes, you must swallow your pride in order to avoid conflict. Just walking away and not posting is sometimes the route you must take. Keep in mind however that you *can* email or PM administrators about someone if you feel their behavior is inappropriate or annoying. The admins will take action, not you, and they will do it at their own convenience, after they've had time to discuss it among themselves.

5) These boards are a free service. All the recent flaming has not only made some feel they are inappropriate for their children/grandchildren, but it has taken time away from me that I could have spent working on the Midnight Mansion expansion pack. It's also annoying that I have to keep stepping in to try to resolve conflict. Don't make me regret hosting these forums on this site. Let's all just try to be nice to each other. And when you can't, simply don't post. Walk away. Or email the admins if you must. But don't flame.

Finally, I hope that these rules won't make anyone feel afraid to post. The idea is the total opposite: the intent of these rules is to allow users to feel complete freedom to make friendly posts without fear of being flamed or nagged, etc.

Thanks for helping me keep these boards a friendly place.

-Vern
« Last Edit: 14.04.2007 at 06:39:33 by Freddy »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print