Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Midnight Mansion 1.0.8 Released (Read 21334 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Midnight Mansion 1.0.8 Released
Reply #10 - 21.04.2007 at 04:07:01

I agree with what AquaMat's saying. It would be really good if the sound files where in the mansion file, along with graphics. It's great that you can now put the music and background files in the Custom Mansion folder. Funny, I was just thinking yesterday if you're not going to release this soon, then you better do that with the custom music and such in the mansion folder!  But I my idea inclued sound & graphics in the mansion. ***Edited by brell*** Ted has many sound effects, like the water, so please do add this feature!  Undecided

Thanks for adding the Command + 0-6 hotkeys for layers! Makes me feel special since I suggested it.  Wink

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #11 - 21.04.2007 at 04:36:14

...and there was much rejoicing! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks vern!

Now there's even less need for Decorum, and yes, I think that's a good thing. Still useful for replacing sounds, though. (Heh, nobody uses it but me anyway...Tongue)

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #12 - 21.04.2007 at 05:59:36

But there is something bad about it. When I made Ted, the buttons on the floor had a mask. Now they don't, because Vern made the background of them cyan. (100% Green, 100% Blue) The buttons where all screwed up, until I changed the blackground of the buttons to cyan, and deleted the mask. You could of given me abit of warning that you where doing that...  Undecided But I fixed it, after 15 minutes wasted.  Sad

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #13 - 21.04.2007 at 06:25:14

I got afew questions: When I was going to put my Ted data (mansion name: Adventures of Ted) in my Adventures of Ted data folder in the custom mansions folder, I encountered a problem. What do I name the screens folder?  I named it screens, put my stuff in it, and I did the same with music. Named it music and put my music in it. Started it up, nothing happened. Does music support menu music? Does screens support screens at the menu?  Huh It doesn't start up right and music isn't found.  Huh Huh What's going on??

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 21.04.2007 at 19:38:44

Vern
thanks for your comment on my last question.
And a BIG thank you for the upgrade.... I immediately tested it, and especially the bigger tiles and sprites display is a tremendous help !!    Smiley

But... and I feel really bad saying this... there seems to be some kind of bug in the editor:
When I opened the mansion I'm working on at the moment (The Mansion Family 2), I encountered a strange phenomenon. I first opened a room which was displayed perfectly, then I opened another room (the last one I had designed using Vs 1.0.7), which is pretty empty apart from a floor with a bunch of "rising skeletons" and a few other bits on it.

But when I opened that room it showed a combination of this room and the one opened just prior to that - (superimposed on it) !!

This happened everytime I tried it.... no matter what room I opened before the "skeleton room", it was always included in it.

Strangely though, this happened ONLY with this one room, all others opened perfectly normal.

Do you have any idea what's the reason behind this ???   Undecided Shocked

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #15 - 21.04.2007 at 21:14:22

I have afew things to say about the editor.

I opened my Ted mansion, and there where two BBBs already in the mansion from 1.0.7. They didn't say anything, but when I typed something on one, the other one said the same thing! I changed it on the other sign, and both changed! I deleted the 2nd one, made a new one, then it was ok. But it was strange!

That's only one of the my problems. The other one:
My screen on my ibook is small. The editor window is too big! You should make a window menu and put in it this:

These are the other menus     Here's the window I want you to add
Current Layer:    Special:       Window:
                                           Screen Size > Big
                                           Help*               Medium
                                                             Small

• Small would be just like the 1.0.7 editor in size
• Medium should be all the windows and stuff should be more strunched in together
• Big is the way it is now.

Big is too big for me!  Undecided Think of the people with the 12" screen! I have a 14"!!!

*You can add help and it will open up the level builder docs, if you want. That would be nifty.

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #16 - 21.04.2007 at 22:42:25

The only problem I had is the tile levers while designing utah... ALL OF THEM HAVE A WHITE OUTLINE!!! I'll have to do it over!!! Otherwise Vern, I think you did a grest job with this update. The bigger screen is way cool. The sign thig is also well appreciated  Wink

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #17 - 22.04.2007 at 00:12:44

Hey Wingy - I'm on a 12" PB, w/1024x768 resolution, and the editor window fits perfectly on my screen. It even accommodates my dock, which is stuck to the right hand side.

I can't imagine a 14" iBook having lower resolution than that, so I don't see what your issue is. Is it that a bottom-aligned dock overlaps the gray on the window somewhat? Well...so what? It's not like there's anything you need to click or see down there.

If it really bothers you, a useful command shortcut is command-option-d. This toggles the dock from visible to hidden. You can quickly hide your dock while working in the editor, and unhide it again when you're done.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #18 - 22.04.2007 at 01:08:19

Smiley
As said earlier at other places on our boards, the announced MM 1.0.8 was going to be a vast improvement. If one sees the long list of changed and added features one can only admit that it is indeed a toppie! Almost everone will find something that he asked for or had been helping with. Thanks a lot, Vern. And everyone "behind the curtains" who came up with the ideas or helped fixing things!
Smiley

YaBB Administrator wrote on 20.04.2007 at 15:39:19:
...and it has lots of great features to make your life as a mansion designer much easier! Check out the complete list of things below:
- Hopefully fixed a problem where Jack could climb onto a ladder with no floor below it, if he was standing on bricks directly to the ladder's left side.
-Vern

I like to put any previous mansionbuilder's attention on this issue. The consequence of this (hopefully) fixed bug is that
Jack's jump to the left or the right is 1 pixel smaller !
So, any designer should check all his mansions if they are still playable. E.g. I am thinking of Maniac's legendary conveyor belt jump. I really wonder if that is still possible.

ryos wrote on 21.04.2007 at 04:36:14:
Now there's even less need for Decorum, and yes, I think that's a good thing. Still useful for replacing sounds, though. (Heh, nobody uses it but me anyway...Tongue)

I wouldn't be so sure of that ! I know at least one other person who uses Decorum.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #19 - 22.04.2007 at 05:51:22

YaBB Administrator wrote on 20.04.2007 at 15:39:19:
- Added "Mansion Info" option to editor's Special menu, to tell you the total number of rooms, secrets, and money in your mansion.

It doesn't count rugsacks though. Keep this in mind if the total amount of money is very important in your mansion.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print