Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What do you do? (Read 10278 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: What do you do?
Reply #10 - 01.05.2007 at 17:39:52

Wow
Joe
you've really been to Woodstock ???
But you can have only been a toddler then ?!

You GOTTA tell me about that.....  I'm absolutely convinced the best time for music was ca. 1958 to 1973...plus the short new wave period of 1978-1982.  (Probably everybody loves that kind of music most he grew up with....and my first record was The Beatles HELP.)  Although today I'm a huge jazz fan (in my vast record + CD collection, jazz is about 44 % )....

I don't care for Hard Rock / Metal at all....must be very unpleasant to be a roadie on a metal tour...   Cheesy
Roberta Flack....now that was a great singer.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #11 - 01.05.2007 at 17:42:23

rose wrote on 01.05.2007 at 15:46:59:
Hi Sherryl - I am working at the most southern part of Sweden. If you look it up, I live 20 km north of Ystad.

Ystad, isn't that the village of that Wallander cop character ??  (He's big in Germany)

Although I always found it a bit strange: how many perverted serial killers can a small city like Ystad have   Grin Wink  (every week they are hunting another maniac) ???

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #12 - 01.05.2007 at 19:15:49

That is right. Wallander is the cop solving serial murders in Ystad. If you get the DVDs you'll see what it looks like in this part of Sweden.

Beatles was my first passion in music!

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #13 - 01.05.2007 at 21:45:10

Quote:
But you can have only been a toddler then ?!

Nope, I'm actually 58. Yes I had my little boy when I was 50. (Actually my wife gave birth, I just sat around smiling).

Quote:
1958 to 1973...plus the short new wave period of 1978-1982.

Absolutely, but believe it or not my favorites are John Philip Sousa, Scott Joplin and anything Classical. Comes from my early days, starting at 5, playing cornet. But I really just like music, you know REAL music with people playing instruments and SINGING. I have a hard time with RAP although I can respect the genre. But that's neither here nor there. We all know about opinions and body parts. We all have them. But yes I was VERY fortunate to be around during a lot of history, not just music. But the music made the times enjoyable. 50's blues and early rockand the birth of the cold war. The experimental 60's with Vietnam. The disco 70's with Nixon and the begginings of TRUE political awareness. The musical landscape was painted with whole new ideas and techniques thanks to Vietnam. HUH????? Vietnam was the proving grounds for early electronics and why the American people got calculators. And of course from electronics were born all the new types of musical instruments and methods of expression.

Quote:
Roberta Flack....now that was a great singer.

Ah yes, what a voice. Edgar Winter and Roberta had the 2 of the best (IMNSHO) voices I ever heard and great range. I believe Edgar was 4-5 octaves and Roberta was close. She had the best natural pitch of any singer I ever worked with. 30 minutes before each show a piano tuner had to tune her piano and then again during the intermission because she had a tendancy to get very cranky if everything was perfectly in tune. I was not on the tour thru Japan but I heard from one of the sound guys that she came off stage and threw a mike stand at him before an encore because she didn't like his monitor levels. He wound up carrying a sheet of Lexan around that he would setup in front of him to protect him from flying metal objects. Kind of strange considering he did the monitors for Robert Plant (Led Zepplin and another great voice) and was considered one of the best.
As far as heavy metal there were HUGE talents there as well. Robert Halford (Judas Priest) actually studied opera and had the voice to go with it, but just couldn't get an opera job so he wound up in a heavy metal band. Same with Freddy Mercury (Queen), another awesome voice now gone.
I could talk for hours about the music giants I had a chance to either hear live or actually work with but those are for wine on the terrace or Friday nights at the pub conversations.

Joe B

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #14 - 01.05.2007 at 21:47:34

WHOOPS.....
Quote:
if everything WASN'T perfectly in tune

jb

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #15 - 01.05.2007 at 22:12:52

joeb wrote on 01.05.2007 at 21:45:10:
[quote] those are for wine on the terrace or Friday nights at the pub conversations.

Give me an address and I'll come Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print