Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disco of Doom (Read 7786 times)
nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Disco of Doom
13.05.2007 at 02:01:44

Hi - I have reached room 20906 in DofD. I can get the purple key in the lower left, and I can get up into the upper left where the plate turns off the zappers, but I can't figure out where to go out of the room. If I exit on the floor elevator with the purple dot, I end up back a ways in the game. But I can't find a new purple door to open or where to go that's new. Help!!

And thanks, Nancy
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:45:54 by brell »  

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Disco of Doom
Reply #1 - 13.05.2007 at 23:33:31

Hi Nancy,

thanks for playing DoD !!
There is an exit from room #20906....it is hidden a bit but you should be able to find it.
You did everything in the "correct order" (= entered from the right, picked up the purple key and proceeded to the top left, where you switched of the zappers).

To not spoil the fun completely, I will only give you this hint:
I do not expect you to get back down again.....!

Now try it again.....    Smiley Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

val
Lost One

Reply #2 - 06.07.2007 at 08:33:34

I'm stuck and don't know where to go. Sorry-but I don't know how to locate room numbers, so I'll try to describe.  Jack's had his fifth save and has climbed up the grey column and up a rope into a green area. I've completed that area and can't find any new area to go to. Travelling to the far left takes me to the area where I jump up the skulls and can climb up a ladder under a flag back to an area where I've already been.  Travelling to the far right takes me to a green brick which has activated a sliding double brick to a new area, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the sliding brick. Where do I go now?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 06.07.2007 at 08:37:55

Hi val and welcome on the boards.  While we wait for aquaMat to answer your question, the way to locate room numbers is to press command - d

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

val
Lost One

Reply #4 - 06.07.2007 at 12:56:16

Thanks Brell

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 06.07.2007 at 22:46:45

Hi val (and welcome to our forum !)

Thanks for playing Discotheque Of Doom, first of all.

I assume you are talking about room #20505 (there should be a green door at the far right ??), and you have already noticed how to activate the green moving platform.

If I should guess what your problem is: I assume you keep dying, everytime you try to jump onto that platform, right ?!

If this is your problem there IS a solution for it. It's a little "trap" I put up, a little "trick".... but  - even though I guess most readers of these boards do know the solution already - I'm still somewhat reluctant to give it away openly (to not spoil the fun for others).

But I'll give you a hint:  
while jumping the "absolute height" is more important as the distance ....!!
(These might not be the correct "mathematical terms" I'm using here..... that kind of stuff is discussed elsewhere in these pages; but it should give you an idea of and / or a hint to the solution to this little puzzle !!)

Now, please.... go back and try again !  I'm sure you'll find out.....
« Last Edit: 07.07.2007 at 07:48:05 by aquaMat »  

IP Logged

val
Lost One

Reply #6 - 07.07.2007 at 10:34:12

Hi AquaMat

Thanks for the advice. Well, I read the hint and tried again, to no avail. Maybe I'm being particularly dense, but I'm just not getting it. Cry Maybe you could email me off-list with a solution? I just keep dying

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 08.07.2007 at 01:32:17

Val,

I have sent you a PM with the explanation !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print