Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Now I'm stuck (Read 10159 times)
dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Now I'm stuck
01.06.2007 at 09:31:44

Greetings all,
I need some help in this enormous palace!
I am in room #15515 (in the Spider Maze). I see the "floating" floor on the right with no apparent way to get there.
right above this frame is room #15315- the two barricades are still closed, and I fear that they need to be open in order for Jack to leave this area.
Please advise!
Thank you,
DLC Embarrassed

In 15515, I see the floor (on the right side of the room) bu no visible way to get there, nor can Jack jump up over the lip of the gutter at the ladder's bottom.
In 15315, I can get to the bottom of the left ladder (left of the first closed door and its lever to the right), but of course this is not useful as I have to somehow get to the right of BOTH closed doors.
Help needed, give me a pointer, please!
Thanks,
DLC

(modified by brell due to crossposting)
« Last Edit: 22.09.2008 at 03:46:12 by brell »  
dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: MMandM: now I'm stuck
Reply #1 - 01.06.2007 at 18:47:54

Please do not post messages in more than one topic, preferably the right one  Wink

I've removed your post from Talk but first I copied the bottom half of it to your post here.

The person to answer this best is of course Freddy,  who has been away for a while due to personal matters, but will hopefully return this weekend.  I will look at the rooms you mention when I am home from work.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 01.06.2007 at 19:11:02

Well, as always try everything! There are only 6 keys for walking and jumping and one for using a leveler and one for looking at the map. HAve you tried all everywhere in this room???

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 01.06.2007 at 20:47:26

I'll give you one hint.  Have you found a way to get the silver coins on the other side of the maze?

IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #4 - 02.06.2007 at 01:03:39

Reply #3 - Today at 1:38pm 
I'll give you one hint.  Have you found a way to get the silver coins on the other side of the maze?

Thank you Rose and Brell for replying.
To answer accordingly, yes I believe I have gone everywhere in this room and tried "everything".
Usually when Jack is hidden on the side of a room, there's a hidden lever to engage - I've looked for all that i can find.

Silver coins on the far (left) side of the maze? (I presume you mean that). I did find the secret entrance to a series of rooms (the first with a myriad of levers) if that's what you meant. The other silver coins were decoys, iirc. (I also found the secret rooms on the "top" and on the "upper right" of this maze as well).
Perhaps another hint? Please?
Thanks for your help - my apologies for double-posting.
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 02.06.2007 at 01:20:23

Try again!! You'll be amazed how easy it is.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 02.06.2007 at 01:23:48

There are NO decoys in MM&M.  All money is reachable.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #7 - 02.06.2007 at 01:28:44

The shields are decoys though Wink

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 02.06.2007 at 04:35:51

Thanks for the responses, Brell and Rose.

...o.k.a.y.....  Undecided ....I'll give those "decoys" a try (Jack just keeps falling to his doom Sad )

Thanks again,
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #9 - 02.06.2007 at 05:29:14

Hi again,
Okay, there are no decoys and I am supposed to be surprised at how easy it is! Shocked

I am in room 15312 and am on the middle of the three floors. To the left of Jack (beyond the chasm and ladder) is an alcove with two silver coins - I presume these are examples of the silver coins in question. The end of the floor Jack stands on consists of three false blocks, which he falls throught every time, and it's just too far to jump.
There are two other locations (above0 with the same arrangement. I called them decoys, since there seemed no apparant way to get the coins (or whatever else your hinys are alluding to).
What am I missing?
Thanks,
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print