Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: What's the Best Section ( in the moment )

« Created by: Chippy on: 02.07.2007 at 03:51:53 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Section 8 (Read 35418 times)
suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Re: Section 8
Reply #30 - 11.07.2007 at 17:33:09

I remember the concept from Chicken Little  Roll Eyes - "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"... while it wasn't true then, it sure feels that way most days now!  Embarrassed  Tongue  Shocked  Cry

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #31 - 11.07.2007 at 19:52:48

Sorry to hear that, Suz! I don't know if it gives some consolation, but *my* sky already felt down twice this year. So I am a bit sensitive about that, for the time being.

But I believe you are right about linking the sky-phrase to that little chicken which was called "Calimero" over here. Not Asterix, I think, aquaMat. But in Asterix was said that the Belgians were the bravest among all the Gallians (don't know if that is a good translation of this historical word ---> is not in my dictionary). Grin

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #32 - 11.07.2007 at 21:45:24

The head of the village, where Asterix and Co are living, is afraid of the sky falling down. So I've read at least. But there might be more individuals with the same fear.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #33 - 12.07.2007 at 00:05:31

rose wrote on 11.07.2007 at 21:45:24:
... But there might be more individuals with the same fear.

Like me. Roll Eyes Wink
But back to topic. After the update there is nothing to fear any more ... Cool

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #34 - 12.07.2007 at 03:01:02

suztours wrote on 06.07.2007 at 04:51:00:
Toybox, I'm with you on those red birds!  I think I've figured out the fish, generally, but I always get nervous when I see a red bird flying about - and usually get killed by at least one each time!

It's the combination of several fish with disappearing platforms which i find unfair1. Glad to see I'm not the only one with red bird trouble. What are they anyway, escapees from a Hitchcock movie?

Anyway, back to catacombs 8: I find it personally too Hard to be Normal. Maybe I'm just out of practise, but  ...Shocked All these hidden bits, ladder jumps, squirrel jumps... And this one where you have to jump from one screen to the other, otherwise you fall to your, I mean Jack's doom2 Smiley  When you don't know the way you have to try stuff and jeopardise Jack lives, which shouldn't really be the case in Normal mansions.

On the other hand, as the mansion is growing, the difficulty could be increasing too. A continuous way for beginners to learn to play harder and harder mansions... As long as it doesn't end in a Thunderstorm I guess it's fine  Wink

Oh, and I found the background a bit disappointing (sorry about that!). Not very Catacombs-like3 maybe? I don't know.

(1) i.e.: I end up killing every last one of them Wink
(2) there I killed two Jacks in a row. Having no memory doesn't help either  Roll Eyes
(3) whatever that means...

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #35 - 12.07.2007 at 03:41:33

And I thought there was ... nothing to fear any more. Oops! Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #36 - 12.07.2007 at 04:04:21

In all fairness, maybe there isn't and I am just rusty. I haven't played in ages! Three weeks at least, I'd say.

IP Logged

Spiak
Wanderer

Rochester, NY
Reply #37 - 12.07.2007 at 09:15:28

Hi gang.

I just finished Catacombs 8. It was somewhat harder than the rest of the sections. Plus we are all out of practice since there are not a lot of new mansions to play these days. (Waiting impatiently on the contest entries).  My biggest gripe was all the back tracking. There were several screens that you had to go two or three forward to get back to something in the room. But as the mansion gets bigger I am sure it will become more convoluted. Thanks Brell for a good challenge and thanks to all the others who make these wonderful mansions for those of us with no talent to play.

Spiak

Spiak  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #38 - 12.07.2007 at 19:25:57

Exactly my words..... too hard for being "normal"   Wink  (Would make a great song title, I reckon...!)

And rose, now that you remind me of it.... it was indeed the chief of the gallian village that was afraid.....and I guess the exact words he kept using were "the sky's falling on my head".     Wink

Back to Catacombs now.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #39 - 12.07.2007 at 21:44:01

I think everyone was a bit afraid, and several other characters have been using the expression "le ciel nous tombe sur la tête". Even once Astérix himself, I believe (but I'm not quite sure, that would be a bit unlike him...)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print