Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Doldrum Dungeon, dying in room 17500 (Read 21914 times)
Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Re: Doldrum Dungeon, dying in room 17500
Reply #10 - 25.09.2008 at 05:06:02

Olle the Greatest wrote on 21.09.2008 at 04:38:24:
I just encountered the very same problem as SandyBean, just wondering if anyone did get in contact with the author? I hate to restart after having gone through all of that maze :s

Strange enough, the last time I played it [and finally finished it] I died and was reborn, but I still could solve the whole thing... don't know what I did differently though, perhaps at some place I did a top ladder jump as a shortcut and that might have made a difference...

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #11 - 25.09.2008 at 08:56:00

Hi Lara and Ollie,

Sorry, did not notice your earlier posts till today.

I never did hear back from the author, just kept at it from the 3rd save point and finally managed to stay alive after the Zappers, and if memory serves me, my Jack exited through the upper Left.

I know it's not a help/hint, but for me it was just 'stick-to-it-ness' that got us through.   Undecided

Take care,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #12 - 27.09.2008 at 07:24:16

Olle the Greatest wrote on 25.09.2008 at 05:03:08:
you're not supposed to go anywhere but back to the right. From that room [17501 it should be called] you can get to the next save. Bungy without a rubber band Smiley

Do you mean bungy? Or jump? I've seen the room below 17501, but that doesn't have anything interesting in it.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #13 - 27.09.2008 at 16:17:20

bungyjumps are usually longer that that... ahh perhaps they're spelled bungee in english Cheesy

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #14 - 27.09.2008 at 20:40:14

If I fall down/drop off the ladder in that room I just die.  Cry

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #15 - 27.09.2008 at 20:56:02

don't just fall then... Jack has the ability to move sideways while falling Smiley

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #16 - 27.09.2008 at 21:27:23

Olle the Greatest wrote on 27.09.2008 at 20:56:02:
don't just fall then... Jack has the ability to move sideways while falling Smiley

I'll try it. Problem is, it takes so long to get to that spot, that by the time you get there you have no lives. Sad

More hard work time.... Cheesy

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

JimRCGMO
Wanderer

Southeast Missouri
Reply #17 - 02.08.2016 at 07:10:54

Thank Heaven I came back and finally located this forum! I had been stuck in the roadblock that is Rooms 17500/17501, and even after coming here, it took me three Jacks to *safely* reach the Save pedestal... Shocked

Vern, hope things are going great for you in the (not-so, by now) job! I figure that you have helped me keep my mind active and occupied (I don't care what anyone says about "computer games are a waste of time...blah, blah, blah...").

Kudos, Vern, for writing MM1, 2, & HD, and Maniac for a mansion that is at times frustratingly challenging, and still fun to play! And thanks to all the MM players out there, whether players who posted here, or designers who came up with all these maddening rooms, levers, zappers, hidden treasures and rooms! Smiley

JimRCGMO

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #18 - 05.08.2016 at 21:41:19

Hi Jim! There are plenty of people who still play this GREAT game. The forums aren't so active anymore, but many (like myself) do drop by regularly. And occasionally players get stuck, so it's fun to help them out. (I keep my old computer around to play MM. And the cat sleeps on it. But mostly for MM Grin )

And as far as games being a waste of time- PISH! Problem solving skills and fun are never a waste of time!

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #19 - 05.08.2016 at 23:55:41

Hi! I get notifications when someone has posted here. I can't help you with Doldrum Dungeon as I never been able to play it through. It is to difficult. Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print