Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Doldrum Dungeon, dying in room 17500 (Read 21915 times)
SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Doldrum Dungeon, dying in room 17500
19.07.2007 at 05:09:22

Hi All,

I desperately need some help in Doldrum Dungeon after the 3 (or 4th) save pedestal, depending on which side of the save pedestals you go to first.  On the left side of the save pedestals is a huge maze of doors, jumps, gates and levers.  I have gotten the two purple keys, blue and green key, and have made it all the way up to room #17500 after using the green key.

My problem in this room is that once I pull the levers and get up into the top right area of the screen, jump thru the zappers, and pull the two levers and step on the tile that changes the bricks to gold, if Jack dies on the way back thru this difficult zapper (which he always has so far), Jack goes back to the entry point (mid left screen) with the levers returning to their original position, and there is no way to continue, or reset them, the only option is to start all over again from the save pedestal (a long ways away !!!) Smiley Smiley Smiley

Help !!! What do I do???  Am I doing something wrong??? Smiley
thanks all, and take care,

BTW; I love the rooms to the right of the two save pedestals, in that you can choose to do whichever rooms you please in any order,  to get all the red keys, and some of the are doozies !!!

Sandybean, a lost one here, and in Church too (Still awaiting a wee bit o help there)
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:48:32 by brell »  

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Doldrum Dungeon, dying in room 17500
Reply #1 - 19.07.2007 at 13:40:05

Hi SandyBean!

I wish I could help you with this but I have never come that far in the mansion.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 26.07.2007 at 10:22:33

SandyBean wrote on 19.07.2007 at 05:09:22:
My problem in this room is that once I pull the levers and get up into the top right area of the screen, jump thru the zappers, and pull the two levers and step on the tile that changes the bricks to gold, if Jack dies on the way back thru this difficult zapper (which he always has so far), Jack goes back to the entry point (mid left screen) with the levers returning to their original position, and there is no way to continue, or reset them, the only option is to start all over again from the save pedestal (a long ways away !!!) Smiley Smiley Smiley

The gold/silver maze in DD is IMO the best g/s maze ever ... except from this problem you describe.  As far as I have tried you must restart from the save pedestal if you get zapped up there.  Something the author should check.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 26.07.2007 at 19:15:31

SandyBean wrote on 19.07.2007 at 05:09:22:

That sounds very much like the problem I encountered in the gold/silver maze in Castle Doom (Hard) which I had reported a couple of days ago elsewhere (in: Included Mansions / "Jack-stucks in original mansions")!!!  I have also experienced the same problem in other mansions before and I feel it is one of the main dangers / issues when creating gold/silver puzzles / mazes..... I tend to call it the "gold/silver reborn bug"   Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #4 - 26.07.2007 at 23:54:47

Hi Brell and Aquamat,

Thanks for letting me know it's not a player error, except for the fact that me and Jack can't make back across that darned Zapper run !

Maybe I should let the designer know, or just keep trying again, it just takes such effort to get back up there, I have lots of lives, but nothin to do !!!

And you are right Brell, it is an excellent maze, not too hard, but definately challenging. Smiley

Thanks for the help, Smiley

Sandybean, (no longer lost, but now on a mission!)

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #5 - 27.07.2007 at 00:06:49

DD is by Maniac and he hasn't been around since 11.3.

If you want to contact him try e-mail instead of PM.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #6 - 21.09.2008 at 04:38:24

I just encountered the very same problem as SandyBean, just wondering if anyone did get in contact with the author? I hate to restart after having gone through all of that maze :s

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #7 - 21.09.2008 at 06:07:20

Hi,

I have got to room 17500 after coming into this room from the right. I am stuck in the top right corner and don't seem to be able to go anywhere except back the way I came. Sad

I don't what SandyBean is talking about and I've still only used one save point.

Help?? Suggestions?

Thanks!

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #8 - 25.09.2008 at 03:51:48

BUMP

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #9 - 25.09.2008 at 05:03:08

you're not supposed to go anywhere but back to the right. From that room [17501 it should be called] you can get to the next save. Bungy without a rubber band Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print