Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What happened to the TPI thread? (Read 16856 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
What happened to the TPI thread?
27.07.2007 at 05:31:08

There was a thread named "The Pirate Invasion", which was about 4 pages long.  Now it is gone(!?) and all there is remaining is a new thread called "RE: The Pirate Invasion" which seems to include the last page og the TPI thread only.

I would like to know whether anyone has somehow managed to delete the thread. leaving the last page only with an altered name.

EDIT:  By using search I confirmed that the old thread is gone indeed!  This is very serious.  It means one of 2 things:

1.  A hacker has hampered the thread which means that our forum is under attack!
2. One of our members has somehow managed to hamper the thread, which should be impossible since only admins have access to delete, remove etc.
« Last Edit: 21.09.2008 at 22:24:42 by brell »  

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: What happened to the TPI thread?
Reply #1 - 27.07.2007 at 05:55:22

Wow, you're right! Like 3 pages are gone! I think this new YaBB update has made many new bugs starting with like everyone's posts getting decreased, (Look at the members list, I remember that there where ALOT more lost ones, and now they're all grey and newbie!) now pages getting deleted??  Shocked Undecided

Is it my fault because I posted the last post and it triggered a bug? Or is it a hacker or whatever brell said? I think all admins should change their passwords.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - 27.07.2007 at 05:57:15

I think Wingy might be right. It might be a forum bug.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 27.07.2007 at 06:01:36

Wingy:  Just making a post cannot delete most of a thread and alter it's name.

Vern:  Have you just updated the forum software?  If so, is it possible that the update coincidated with Wingy's or mine posting at the TPI thread?

To me it seems a strange kind of bug that only affects (to my knowledge) one thread.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 27.07.2007 at 09:35:43

Hasn't hit my Adventures of Ted thread! *phew* And for people who have been wondering: I HAVE been working on my Ted mansion with the expansion beta, so I added new bad guys and redid some of the graphics! I might show you some new graphics when the expansion comes out, just to not ruin the new features.  Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 27.07.2007 at 22:27:24

Well,
brell
... by your finding this "bug" it looks like we might have also found the reason for those missing post counts (and subsequent "downgrading" of forum members) I reported earlier this week.

There seems to be some heavy bugs in the forum software at work here.... and I think we'd better find them fast. 'Cause one thing should not happen: we do NOT want to lose important parts of our content here (remember our old forums and what we've lost with it).... after all this is far more than a simple chat page. It's a pretty huge knowledge-base by now !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #6 - 28.07.2007 at 03:00:43

Anthony wrote on 27.07.2007 at 05:55:22:
... I think this new YaBB update has made many new bugs starting with like everyone's posts getting decreased, (Look at the members list, I remember that there where ALOT more lost ones, and now they're all grey and newbie!) now pages getting deleted?? ... I think all admins should change their passwords.

1° As far as I know there hasn't been an update yet. It was 2.1 and is still 2.1. The only stable version which is available. And the beta- and alpha-versions are NOT downloadable. Btw, Vern asked me a few months ago to inform him when there is an update. And he is the only one to make the upgrade.

2° The reason that the number of members did decrease is because I, while doing my "job" as admin, did delete a lot of fake members. But the reason that members did degrade is in my opinion a YaBB-bug. The software doesn't count the number of posts good any more. And that has its consequences for the membergroups.

3° I don't know if there is need to, but I change my password right now. One never knows.

I advise my admin-colleagues to dive in the YaBB-forum, so we all together have more knowledge about fixed and not-fixed bugs in the forum-software.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 28.07.2007 at 03:08:40

VernJensen wrote on 27.07.2007 at 05:57:15:
... It might be a forum bug.

It is just a feeling. I can't believe that this is the work of a cracker. They do more awful things. I believe Vern is right. But don't ask me why only in TPI something went wrong. Undecided

I hope that YaBB version 2.2 is coming soon and REALLY fixes a lot of bugs. Like being able to answer all PMs when more than one came in. And not only the last one! Roll Eyes Or the counting of the posts!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 30.07.2007 at 23:58:56

BTW:
brell

Where is The Pirate Ship ???  I'm still watching the "custom mansions" category every day, hoping it is finally released.....   Roll Eyes

Is it still beta-tested ??    Shocked

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #9 - 31.07.2007 at 01:30:40

Yep, still in beta, sorry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print