Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 98153 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: TPI > The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #140 - 14.12.2007 at 00:51:18

Hi Zipwin.  The latest version of the game is 1.09.  The latest version of TPI is the one in the custom mansions download.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

zipwin
Wanderer

Reply #141 - 14.12.2007 at 04:26:03

Thanks Brell. Unfortunately, I am really stuck. Have done the maze and gotten back to the party deck but cannot solve the mirror room or get to the rooms below the broken ladder down from the party deck. There is obviously a technique I haven't mastered...I badly need a hint as to how to get into rooms like DaFalcon and through the mirror. Perhaps you could send me a private message...I can get up the first room on the invisible blocks and cross over to the other side but cannot get down...have literally been jumping against walls for the last two days.....finally. Can you get down the ladder from the party deck or is that an exervise in futility??? Huh

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #142 - 14.12.2007 at 06:17:47

I'm beginning to think that the cabins below the twisted ladder are the best kept secret since the beginning of MM  Cool

First of all, why can't you get into daFalcon's cabin?

Second, Psychotronic's cabin is the KEY to the cabins below the twisted ladder.  Please note that everything is mirrored.

Hope this helps ..... for a while  Smiley

IP Logged

zipwin
Wanderer

Reply #143 - 14.12.2007 at 09:45:16

I get to the entrance in room 30697 and the grey door to the left is shut. I don't see any other way to get in and I can't find the switch to raise that door.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #144 - 14.12.2007 at 19:28:16

Which means you haven't been everywhere in room 30697 or haven't looked in hidden places.

IP Logged

zipwin
Wanderer

Reply #145 - 14.12.2007 at 23:03:59

Thanks! By the way, the old saying: sleep on it: worked really well for me last night. Woke up early and even before my cup of coffee I figured out how to get into the secret room and have been playing the previously inaccessable cabins! I LOVE how I can get back above the pole now....still have to solve the mirror room but am learning as I go. I feel almost like I am no longer a true newbie.  Thanks again Brel. This is really an elegant puzzle. I loved the whole Myst series and this takes similar thinking out of the box.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #146 - 14.12.2007 at 23:12:42

Thank you Zipwin for the nice words. Please note that, like in all mirrors, what you see is not a part of the real world, just a mirror of it.

IP Logged

zipwin
Wanderer

Reply #147 - 17.12.2007 at 03:41:51

Thanks Brell, that was just being dumb and not looking around properly.

I've finally solved the mirror room-actually had done so before understanding the mirror effect. A slight criticism (very slight) is I am not sure how many rooms are involved with the mirror effect since it is not truly a reflection i.e. things that should disappear stay put in the mirror side....I know of at least two rooms but there could be another. FINALLY, I reached the end but missed a couple of rooms and wondered like those who wrote earlier if there is a way back other than the maze like from the pirate flag site on the top deck. It appears there should be.....great job designing this one.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #148 - 17.12.2007 at 03:49:32

Yes, Zipwin, there is another way back in the newest update  Smiley

IP Logged

koala
Lost One

london
Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #149 - 22.01.2009 at 03:51:54

Thank you Brell, have really enjoyed the pirate invasion. Finally finished it today! Well actually I finished it a while before but only discovered half the mansions. This time I got 93% of secrets. I love all the secret rooms and hidden keys you have to look for and all the messages on the way. I think this game and Catacombs have been my favourite so far of the custom games I have played (haven't played all of them yet). To me this game was hard, but I find the 'hard' games pretty much impossible! They just stress me out so much that it is no longer fun for me to play them anymore and I give up. There were moments when I just had to sleep on it or look at the forum for help or just get stuck for ages going round and round different rooms until I got the answer! But I think I need the challenge! Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print