Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
A resort for retired goldhunters (Read 50390 times)
Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Re: A resort for retired goldhunters
Reply #60 - 03.10.2007 at 19:47:05

Okay...  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #61 - 03.10.2007 at 19:47:33

Toybox wrote on 03.10.2007 at 19:19:53:
While I certainly like both sorts of CMs, maybe some sort of warning should be issued so that a player wouldn't end up innocently trying to play a mansion which turns out to be impossible unless you learn the trick before?

Maybe a new tutorial mansion in the easy to normal category is needed to introduce and practise those non-standard tricks.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #62 - 03.10.2007 at 20:18:38

brell wrote on 03.10.2007 at 19:47:33:
Maybe a new tutorial mansion in the easy to normal category is needed to introduce and practise those non-standard tricks.

Great idea  Cool

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #63 - 03.10.2007 at 22:10:15

Toybox wrote on 03.10.2007 at 19:19:53:
Wasn't this how Douglas Adams came up with the idea of Vogons destroying the Earth in order to build a new galactic bypass? If my memory serves me right, he had intended to write short stories, each of which ending up in Earth being destroyed (in an entertaining fashion).

Cheesy

Oooh...I didn't know that....Very interesting !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #64 - 03.10.2007 at 23:57:02

So Sad  Embarrassed    I've finished ARFRG and have no other mansions to do!!!

I loved the mansion, and was so disapointed when it ended!  I did it in 66 mins (most of that spent in the second room of the green section getting that jump between two moving platforms!!!) and ended up with 31,875 points, 100% secrets and 10 lives left over.

I then decided to see what building a mansion might entail, since after all, a five year old made one, how difficult could it be?  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Well...... I now TRULY APPRECIATE all the time and effort it takes to make just one room, and can see how creating a mansion is really a labour of love.  

I agree that working on some other hard mansions prior to trying ARFRG is a great idea, I had just struggled thru and finished MM&M recently (with major help from Freddy during the tan section), so had lots of practice with tricky maneouvres.

Hats off to all you creative and dedicated designers  Smiley

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #65 - 04.10.2007 at 04:32:21

I like Aquamat's idea. It would be fun! We could give it a theme park motif. Scream park perhaps? Infernal Scream Park? With "rides" and "attractions" that kill Jack in hilarious ways. I've got an idea for the beginning that I like a lot, so if you wouldn't mind, could I do the first section?

I mean, it was Aquamat's idea, so he has first dibs on the first section if he wants it, but I like my idea too much not to volunteer.  Smiley

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #66 - 04.10.2007 at 04:46:35

I think ... Grin it is best NOT to quote anybody.

MAJOR fork! There are mansions like the 8 x 3 original ones: Falcon Manor Easy to Spider Palace Hard. These mansions contain the features like they were supposed by Vern Jensen, creator of our marvellous game. And then the custom mansions came, made in the same line of those originals.

But after a few months, designers got aware of other possibilities with the "builder" and start looking for the edges. Result: experiments like in the long forgotten WiPs. Some of them were awful, dangerous, stupid, ... BUT! Finally the best of the "wonders" became common knowledge and got accepted as reasonable by a lot of players and designers. E.g. ladder jumps, the use of BBB-hints, looking at maps, ... The last two of them seems so obvious, but I know from myself ... Roll Eyes

I remember that picture from
Small Palace of Gore
. Of course I do! I did the beta-testing and I AGREED with aquaMat that it was okay, because at that roomlink-jump, every player has seen the room before. In a hard or very hard mansion, I think, that one doesn't need to discuss that. But on the other hand, while beta-testing, I never ask anybody to "remove" stuff. I only do suggestions, because the designer always must have the LAST WORD. Except in
Catacombs
, which is a completely different story.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #67 - 04.10.2007 at 06:04:23

ryos wrote on 04.10.2007 at 04:32:21:
I like Aquamat's idea. It would be fun! We could give it a theme park motif. Scream park perhaps? Infernal Scream Park? With "rides" and "attractions" that kill Jack in hilarious ways. I've got an idea for the beginning that I like a lot, so if you wouldn't mind, could I do the first section?

I mean, it was Aquamat's idea, so he has first dibs on the first section if he wants it, but I like my idea too much not to volunteer.  Smiley

I think aquaMat and you, Ryos, should perhaps start working on such a mansion.  The challenge would be to get through with one life, beginning with, say 99 lifes.  I might be able to squeeze in a room or two on later stages.

But please start a new thread about this ... deadly mansion  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #68 - 04.10.2007 at 18:47:09

ryos wrote on 04.10.2007 at 04:32:21:

Scream Park..... what a GREAT idea !!   Cheesy  Wink  Smiley

Sure, ryos...go ahead and start the mansion.... I'd be glad to supply a room or two, but it doesn't have to be the first rooms.

I'm glad you liked the idea....

PS: I'll start a new thread titled "Scream Park", but maybe you should make the first (real) post there as soon as you come up with something. We could then supply the mansion to the next designer via that thread (or via email) to work on the next rooms.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #69 - 04.10.2007 at 18:51:25

Freddy wrote on 04.10.2007 at 04:46:35:
I remember that picture from
Small Palace of Gore
. Of course I do! I did the beta-testing and I AGREED with aquaMat that it was okay, because at that roomlink-jump, every player has seen the room before. In a hard or very hard mansion, I think, that one doesn't need to discuss that. But on the other hand, while beta-testing, I never ask anybody to "remove" stuff. I only do suggestions, because the designer always must have the LAST WORD. Except in
Catacombs
, which is a completely different story.

You are right. I might have used the wrong term with the word "asked to remove"..... I'm aware of course that it was a suggestion not an order !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print