Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion (Read 41618 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion
04.10.2007 at 18:58:12

This is the thread for all future posts concerning our planned new joint effort custom mansion: Scream Park or Infernal Scream Park.

Stay tuned.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion
Reply #1 - 04.10.2007 at 20:37:38

...Infernal... please no more lava... Freddy says he had enough ever since Volcanis! There was so much that it slowed down most computers! Roll Eyes Tongue

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #2 - 05.10.2007 at 02:11:28

Lava and conveyor belts together are the real kicker. I remember a room in Church that had a lot of that. It killed my framerate every time.

In the XP, you'll be able to have lava, rain, and conveyor belts all in the same room. You can kiss your framerates goodbye.

But anyway, thanks for letting me take the lead. I should have the very evil beginning, as well as possibly the first ride, by Monday or so.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 06.10.2007 at 15:32:04

Looking forward to it...!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 12.10.2007 at 17:06:11

Ryos, my friend....

Where's the entrance to the deadly Scream Park ??   Wink

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #5 - 15.10.2007 at 14:38:11

Did I say which Monday? Well, did I?  Tongue

It's just the beginning, without any rides. I only had a few hours to spend on it, so it's IMO a little rough visually, but I think it works.

BTW, modeling greatly accelerated the realization of this (admittedly simple, but I like it) idea.

I look forward to seeing what ride(s) you have in store.  Smiley

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 15.10.2007 at 16:26:32

Wow, great....ryos !

I'll immediately download it & play it...... maybe add a room or two? Let's see.....

And, yeah....it's Monday today....  Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 15.10.2007 at 16:45:49

I've just played your SCREAM PARK section, ryos.

Looks already really great (!!) .....but we / you have forgotten something extremely important:

1. At the very beginning of SCREAM PARK there must be that room (I mentioned) where Jack is supplied enough money bags to give him 99 lives. Otherwise the game is over right after your first few rooms !
Which brings us to No. 2:

2. We have to somehow include the possibility to survive each section, otherwise Jack simply has no means to proceed to the next section (and - ultimately - to the end / exit). And this is the hard part, I know. It must be hidden so Jack will first lose a couple of lives but eventually can proceed.

Remember: we said the goal of the game could be to arrive at the exit room with your very last life !

So maybe you could modify your section a bit by
a) adding one or two "intro" room(s)  (Maybe something like "Jack-on-his-way-to-the-scream-park") where -along the way- he gets enough money for 99 lives and also
b) adding the possibility to survive the fall....maybe by jumping in a very specific way ?

Also I have the feeling it would be better for the "story" to have one or two intro rooms and not start with Jack hanging in mid-air (and immediately falling down). How did he get there ?  We should not forget that not ALL potential later players of Scream Park have been following this discussion. They will wonder what the hell is going on !  Cheesy

So maybe it would be helpful to include one or two BBBs at the start, giving a bit of a story backdrop and also getting the concept across.
What do you think ?

EDIT / ADDITION:
Maybe you have already done all that, and I was only too stooopid to survive the fall....(??!). But I have tried to fall / jump in all possible ways, in the hope of finding a way to survive.....but to no avail !!  If there's a way to survive that fall, you've hidden it very well !!   Wink  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 15.10.2007 at 23:51:12 by aquaMat »  

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #8 - 15.10.2007 at 20:26:17

Very cool idea, ryos. I could make a ferris wheel if you want.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 15.10.2007 at 20:52:08

To ALL OTHER DESIGNERS interested in contributing to our joint SCREAM PARK mansion:

I suggest we create a list of designers for the resp. sections of SCREAM PARK, so we do not end up with several designers working on the same section.

We should do it like Catacombs, basically.

At the moment it looks like this:

Section             Designer
-----------------------------------

1 (Start)          ryos
2                    aquaMat
3                    ?
4                    ?
(to be continued).

So Sam, if you want you can volunteer for Section 3 or 4. I figure each designer should do between 1 to 4 rooms.

The rules are:
- In each section Jack must lose sevreal lives in hilarious ways, but
- it must also be possible to advance to the next section
- the designer of the last finshed section must forward the 'official' SCREAM PARK file to the next designer in line.
(I suggest once we got this project perfectly "off the ground" we should not continue publishing "unfinished versions" here).

GOAL: Jack must arrive in the exit room with his last remaining life. If he runs out of lives earlier, the player must restart and try again. We should decide later, if we integrate save pedestals along the way and how many.

Now: let's all join in the effort to build the DEADLIEST mansion ever: the terrifying SCREAM PARK !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print