Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion (Read 41866 times)
Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Re: SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion
Reply #10 - 15.10.2007 at 22:00:38

I'll be number 4, that way I can see how people will do it.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #11 - 15.10.2007 at 23:41:47

Alright, Sam !

Now our list reads like this:

Section            Designer
-----------------------------------

1 (Start)          ryos
2                    aquaMat
3                    ?
4                    SamSkelton
5                    ?

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #12 - 16.10.2007 at 00:48:04

You *can* survive the fall. Therein lies the trick. If it's too hard to figure out we can change it or axe it altogether...your call.

I also wouldn't be opposed to including a walkthrough, under the title "Do not open unless you're stuck".

Here's a hint, if you want it:
It works similar to the ladder jump.

And the solution, if you give up (in ROT13; paste into rot13.com to decode): Lbh unir ab pubvpr ohg gb snyy gb lbhe qbbz ng svefg, ohg gura lbh jvyy erfcnja, synfuvat, va zvqnve. Whzc naq vzzrqvngryl cerff naq ubyq evtug, naq lbh jvyy ynaq fnsryl va gur arkg ebbz.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #13 - 16.10.2007 at 02:47:26

VERY NICE (okay, I cheated and decoded)!  Looking forward to the next part...

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 16.10.2007 at 16:29:31

Ryos,

I found out in the meantime that there WAS a "survival possibility" after all, even before I read your post about it.

However, it's very hard !! Though I love the way it is constructed..... so maybe you could make it just a little bit easier.
Also I think it's dangerous to supply the money only AFTER the fall.... on the other hand, at this point in the game it's not too dramatic if the player has to restart. (Cause he will definitely lose ALL his lives before he has a chance to find out how to survive  Cheesy  Wink).

Besides, I still feel one or two "introductory rooms" might be very helpful, storywise.

What do you think ?

Apart from that, I have started constructing a successor-room to your last room.... but I wait with finishing that, until I have your def. version.  Are you in the mood to build a few introductory rooms (before your "fall rooms"), or do you want me to do them ?

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #15 - 16.10.2007 at 17:45:56

aquaMat wrote on 15.10.2007 at 23:41:47:
Alright, Sam !

Now our list reads like this:

Section            Designer
-----------------------------------

1 (Start)          ryos
2                    aquaMat
3                    ?
4                    SamSkelton
5                    ?

I has right understood? I can build a section maybe on place 3 or 5?

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #16 - 16.10.2007 at 22:08:33

Yes that's right.
You can apply to be 3rd or 5th in line....but of course you can also be 6th or 7th etc.

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #17 - 17.10.2007 at 00:47:22

Okay Aqua maybe make a section. I tell you soon!

crisscross24  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #18 - 17.10.2007 at 07:27:32

aquaMat wrote on 16.10.2007 at 16:29:31:
Ryos,

I found out in the meantime that there WAS a "survival possibility" after all, even before I read your post about it.

However, it's very hard !! Though I love the way it is constructed..... so maybe you could make it just a little bit easier.
Also I think it's dangerous to supply the money only AFTER the fall.... on the other hand, at this point in the game it's not too dramatic if the player has to restart. (Cause he will definitely lose ALL his lives before he has a chance to find out how to survive  Cheesy  Wink).

Besides, I still feel one or two "introductory rooms" might be very helpful, storywise.

What do you think ?

Apart from that, I have started constructing a successor-room to your last room.... but I wait with finishing that, until I have your def. version.  Are you in the mood to build a few introductory rooms (before your "fall rooms"), or do you want me to do them ?

I'm using ROT13 here because I don't want to potentially spoil things for this mansion's primary audience: the people that read these boards! Wink

Gur ceboyrz jvgu jvgu vagebqhpgbel ebbzf vf gung gur gevpx uvatrf ba Wnpx fgnegvat va zvqnve. Gur chmmyr vf gung gur cynlre arrqf gb ernyvmr gung: n) gurl pna whzc bhg bs zvqnve, naq o) gurl arrq gb whzc gb gur evtug va beqre gb rfpncr. Vg'f n irel anfgl guvat gb qb gb gur cynlre, naq V'q arire qb vg va n "abezny" sbezng znafvba. Ohg va guvf znafvba, V npghnyyl jnagrq gb qvfpbapreg crbcyr evtug bss gur ong naq gnxr gurz bhg bs gurve ryrzrag. Pbashfr gurz, rira purrfr gurz bss, naq trg gurz ernql sbe gur jnagba qrfgehpgvba bs Wnpxf gung vf gb pbzr.

Vs jr chg vagebqhpgbel ebbzf orsber gur snyy, gura gur snyy vgfrys orpbzrf n cbvagyrff rkrepvfr naq jr znl nf jryy whfg fgneg bhg va ebbz 17900.

V pbhyq qb n pbhcyr bs guvatf gung zvtug uryc:
+ Nqq fbzr zber boivbhf ivfhny phrf gb ebbz 17899, naq znlor rira gb gur svefg ebbz. Gur onpxtebhaq vf qrfvtarq gb qenj lbhe nggragvba gb gur zrnaf bs rfpncr, ohg znlor vg'f n yvggyr uneq gb abgvpr jura lbh'er sylvat ol ng 12 cvkryf cre senzr (gur znc fubhyq fgvyy jbex, gubhtu).
+ Zbir Wnpx gb gur yrsg, naq rkgraq gur sybbe bhg n srj oevpxf gb znxr vg zber boivbhf gung fbzrguvat vf gurer.

...Or, maybe the whole concept is unsalvageable and just shouldn't be used. I'd like to hear more opinions on this.

Oh, and also, I could redo the sign text, which I wrote in a hurry and am not all that happy with.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #19 - 17.10.2007 at 08:11:55

Ryos,
I de-rotted your text ( Wink) and have decoded my answer below as well.... though I think we should not do that always.....(or people might lose interest).

So here's my reply:

Bxnl..... V frr lbhe cbvagf.
Svefg bs nyy - gur "urycshy guvatf" lbh zragvbarq lbh zvtug or noyr gb nqq....lrf ! Lbh fubhvyq qb gurz! Gurl qrsvavgryl jvyy uryc.

Ohg gurer' bar guvat V qba'g haqrefgnaq: Jul qb lbh guvax lbhe "snyy tvzzvpx" jbhyq abg jbex jvgu n srj vagebqhpgbel ebbzf nqqrq orsber vg ??
Lbh pbhyq fgvyy yrg gur snyy vgfrys unccra fhqqrayl, nf n fhecevfr....r.t. ol chggvat n uvqqra ubyr va gur sybbe haqre Wnpx'f srrg (ng gur raq bs gur vagebqhpgbel ebbz(f)), juvpu yrg'f uvz irel noehcgyl snyy qbja!  Be vf gurer n ernfba jul vg jbhyqa'g jbex gura ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print