Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion (Read 41613 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Re: SCREAM PARK - joint effort deadly mansion
Reply #60 - 17.01.2008 at 00:03:03

Wild we will be.
Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #61 - 17.01.2008 at 01:43:22

No, not really.

Although we (Ryos and I) did say at the beginning that each designer should limit himself to abot 8-10 rooms per "turn/round" (as we are not that many designers, we'd assumed there'll be several rounds going through the list of designers.... resulting in each designer's turn coming up two or more times), and we started out that way and I also said so to SamSkelton (who's at it now).

However, I feel we can handle this only as a guideline, and if you'd rather do - say - 20 rooms in a row, well, then go ahead....  
BUT: It'll be great if in the end each designer will have contributed an approx. similar amount of rooms (and work) for the PARK, so the finished mansion will really give the impression of a "shared enterprise".

But we have not as strict a set of rules as Catacombs, so there's no exact number of pedestals / coins / secrets etc. each designer does have to include.
Just keep in mind that you must "level" the amount of "victims" with how far inside the mansion a given room is, and with how much money you are handing out.
Anyway.... we (=all designers involved) will do the finetuning of deaths vs. money etc. near the end of the mansion, since we don't know yet with how many rooms etc. we end up...!

Do you agree, ryos ?

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #62 - 17.01.2008 at 06:43:09

My appologies guys- It might be a week or so before I release my version of scream park. (I have to fill out highschool applications) I'm open-enrolling to a IB program, so I need to focus as much as I can on trying to get in. Sorry...

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #63 - 17.01.2008 at 08:20:04

We were looking at 10-15 rooms so we're good with that. We've got time as we're working on a new custom mansion anyway.

MJ

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #64 - 17.01.2008 at 22:58:01

@ Joe:

Great!!  Looking forward to what you'll be coming up with.....

@ Sam:

No problem..... Take your time !!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #65 - 05.02.2008 at 22:12:07

@ Sam:

How is it going w/ Scream Park ?

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #66 - 16.02.2008 at 21:48:55

Fellow Scream Park designers.....
...Sam has to finish his Scream Park section earlier than planned (he might return to it later) for time reasons, so we could hand it over to the next in line.

Joe B
. ....what about you ??
You and Matt offered to build a section.  Please get in touch, either here or via my private mail address.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #67 - 11.09.2008 at 21:04:12

Hello CM creators,

I was wondering when Scream Park will be completed.

I think the beginning is a blast.....but there are only 2 rooms.   
Smiley Smiley Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #68 - 11.09.2008 at 21:42:38

Hi Missy,

unfortunately almost all other designers ceased their participation on Scream Park, one after the other, ca. after the first 8 or so rooms were finished..... so I'm afraid this must go down into our history as - the unfinished, joint mansion.

Maybe the idea was too weird, after all....?

Maybe I put up the unfinished SCREAM PARK for download in the "Free up- and downloading" area, one day....  Undecided    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #69 - 11.09.2008 at 22:20:28

Awwww, please don't give up on it.  

Catacombs was a joint venture and is still alive, perhaps that is why this joint venture did not take off.  People like to make their own CM's and one joint venture is enough for them to participate in......it's just human nature.

Just work on it yourself.  It has a great and unusual beginning.  Just keep adding onto it yourself, with the option of joint participation open to anyone who feels they want to add to it.

You never know.....maybe, after you add some weird and wacky rooms, it might just inspire some one to add to it.  Maybe that's how to get the ball rolling.

After all, Catacombs has 10 levels.........maybe it's time to close it soon.  Making it any larger is just to much for one mansion.  Having said that, if it does close soon, then another joint venture will surely be on everyone's mind as they already have their creative juices flowing in that direction.

Just keep Scream Park alive until the other CM comes to a close.  Which will be, hopefully soon.   Smiley

ps.  what 8 rooms, I only saw 2.......am I missing something?

Missy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print