Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A new star is born (Read 23358 times)
SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: A new star is born
Reply #10 - 12.10.2007 at 06:58:41

Hi There,

I have been working hard on Immortal Ruins, and have now got the outline for the 'mansion' done.  It's not really a mansion per se, as it takes Jack above and below ground, and into some old buildings along the way.

With the outline it will be about 120 rooms, so still a bit of work left to do, as I only have 85 rooms complete, and most of those still need to be tested.

I am sending along a screen shot, I hope this works. Huh Questioning

aquaMat and Mikee;  Thanks for the words of encouragement, I hope it does not disapoint. Smiley

Nick;  I did play your testing mansion, and found I needed to brush up on a few of my skills, thanks for making a place to help Jack improve his steps! Cool Huh

take care all,

Sandybean  Smiley

/Users/forward5/Desktop/ImmortalRuinsScreenShot.png

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #11 - 12.10.2007 at 07:05:06

OK Sad Huh Shocked

Well....... Obviously that didn't work, so maybe one of you computer savvy folks could explain how it is you get those marvelous screen shots right in your posts?  Open and viewable without any clicking or downloading?

I am using an iMac and presently have the screen shot on my desktop as a 'png'.

Thanks in advance, Smiley

Sandybean  Smiley

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #12 - 12.10.2007 at 07:50:45

We'll this is a .png screenshot right here... directly from the desktop with no edits from the screenshot...

Try this: You might be doing something differant.

Open the editor or MM in windowed mode to make it easier, then open what room you want room you want to screenshot, press COMMAND + SHIFT + 4 (in that order one after the other). Select what area you want to screenshot, then release the mouse button. Go to the desktop, find picture 1 or whatever.

Attach picture 1 to a post with the nifty attachment thing.

If it still doesn't work, open picture 1 with preview. In the file menu, press "save as..." and save it as a JPG (aka JPEG). Attach the JPG version to a post.

Also,,, if you didn't know, you can get rid of that weird blue "?" by editing your post up there, and select "attach new file" to that menu in the attachment section of the post modify.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Nick
Wanderer

Reply #13 - 12.10.2007 at 19:35:35

SandyBean wrote on 12.10.2007 at 06:58:41:
Nick;  I did play your testing mansion, and found I needed to brush up on a few of my skills, thanks for making a place to help Jack improve his steps! Cool Huh

I am glad some people found my Testing mansion useful and possibly fun. Smiley Wink

Test your skills and Jacks skills, play Testing Mansion8-)

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #14 - 12.10.2007 at 23:58:44

Well.........here goes my second attempt to attach a screen shot of Immortal Ruins, with advice from Freddy and Wingy............wish me luck.

Sandybean Smiley

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #15 - 13.10.2007 at 00:02:21

YEEEAAAAAH   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  !!! IT WORKED

Thanks Guys, I owe you one (or two)  Wink

Sandybean Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #16 - 13.10.2007 at 16:03:37

SandyBean wrote on 13.10.2007 at 00:02:21:
... Thanks Guys, I owe you one (or two) ...

More mansions? Grin

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #17 - 14.10.2007 at 00:14:09

Freddy wrote on 13.10.2007 at 16:03:37:
More mansions? Grin

Right !!! LOL !!! Smiley

I'm already dreaming of Jack being trapped somewhere, every night when I go to sleep.  Does anyone else get this symptom when building a mansion?  Or am I just obsessed by MM? ..... AAAAAGGGGHHHHH   I can't get Jack out of my head ! Smiley

We will see what the future brings regarding more mansions.

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #18 - 22.10.2007 at 05:51:51

You ain't see nothing yet! Cool

I have the honour to be beta-testing SandyBean's first mansion. And believe me, it is a good one and at places really tough. But what surprises me ... ... NOVELTIES Roll Eyes Shocked Smiley Wink

Shivering skeletons, windmill-fishbones, ... Oh yes, we haven't seen everything from Midnight Mansion (non-EP) yet. Over 100 rooms are awaiting you. Soon.
« Last Edit: 23.10.2007 at 05:15:56 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #19 - 22.10.2007 at 20:08:56

So hurry up already!  I'm starting to get busy with actual work Shocked and I WANNA PLAY!!!  Roll Eyes

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print