Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
House of Wonders (Read 15885 times)
whitbear8
Lost One

House of Wonders
11.10.2007 at 06:21:44

I need help! I am completely stuck in room 16094. I've gone to the left up the silver coin steps and walked up to room 16090 where I wasn't able to go on. Went back to 16094, went down the ladder between the zappers, then up the ladder, over the bouncing eyes, down the ladder and to the right. I tried changing the blocks from gold to silver, but that had appeared to have no effect. I have no other options to move forward in the house. What should I do?

I have made 3 saves, have 18 secrets and currently have 3 red keys, 3 yellow keys and 2 green keys and my score is 9350. I would REALLY appreciate some help. I'm super frustrated!
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 21:30:55 by brell »  

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: House of Wonders
Reply #1 - 11.10.2007 at 22:46:22

Hi and welcome to Midnight Mansion Forums!

As far as I can remember you should go to the right at the bottom of 16094. Do look at your map. Hopefully it will help.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 12.10.2007 at 04:31:00

Hello whitbear8 !

Thx for visiting the
House of Wonders
, which is a tough mansion. Especially in the sense of a braintwister. But also very quizzical. It is certainly not a mansion where the exploration factor is very important. Although ... Depending from what you do in the oh-my-god-all-those-doors-room it will make a major difference about how many areas you will be able to see.

Sorry. Need to answer your question. Since you have 8 keys, I know you found the rugsack and I know where you found it. That means that you have been left AND right in that upper area. Well, in room 16296 you came from the right and went up. When you believe you are finished in the "Penthouse", you have to go down to that room again and there, glide down the pole to continue. Good luck!

Btw, your score doesn't explain a lot. When I made my 3rd save I only got 16 secrets and $ 7.525. And in my rugsack only 6 keys. And in the end I got all secrets and dollars, which was easy ... since I am the designer of HoW. Wink However, I suddenly realize where you took the 2 other keys and on your way to those keys there are more dollars. So your score must be very very close to perfect!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 12.10.2007 at 17:10:09

BTW, is there a single member of our beloved forum group (except for Freddy) who ever managed to open ALL doors in the "Oh-my-god-all-these-doors-room" in the correct order and then proceeded to finish HoW with ALL rooms visited ??

I lost a whole bunch of brain cells over that..... and still never managed to master that mansion completely.  Cool    Sad   Cry

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #4 - 12.10.2007 at 19:23:48

Aquamat, I think I opened all doors or maybe left one (1) closed that wasn't needed to be opened. Roll Eyes I have still enough braincells left for playing the mansion again eventhough I have a tendency to forget how I solved a problem ealier.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 12.10.2007 at 23:01:41

You are the mighty Rose !!   Wink

(That's why the saying goes "Mighty like a Rose".....)   Cheesy

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #6 - 13.10.2007 at 00:08:55

Persistency is the word. I know you've it in you too. How else could you build mansions??? Shocked

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 13.10.2007 at 09:48:37

I opened all doors and finished HoW

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

whitbear8
Lost One

Reply #8 - 13.10.2007 at 14:12:41

I think HoW is my new Everest. I won't be able to rest until I finish it. I made it out of 16094 shortly after posting my question (thanks for your help btw, it was greatly appreciated!) and made it through the oh-my-god-look-at-all-these-doors room with only 1 or 2 missteps. But once I went down the poll at the bottom, my problems returned. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the purple key for room 17097. I've tried wandering around in the lower rooms, including the room with blue and green keys and the room with the purple key that's out of reach but not matter what I can't seem the find a darn purple key for that room. I have a bad feeling that I am going to commence pulling out my hair shortly. Anyway, if there's any other advice, I would be eternally grateful!

Great house btw! I enjoy the unconventional puzzles, even when they are driving me to the brink of insanity.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #9 - 13.10.2007 at 15:59:50

whitbear8 wrote on 13.10.2007 at 14:12:41:
... I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the purple key for room 17097. ...

There is nothing to "worry" about, in the sense of nothing to "hurry" about. Wink

In room 17097 there is a saving point. When I saved there, the purple door was closed. And when I made my next save in the room with 4 saving pedestals, where you certainly must have been before, I saw on the map that the purple door in room 17097 ... still was closed. Although my Jack wandered through a complete new area of the mansion. But meanwhile I also saw where to find the purple key! With telling you that it isn't hidden at all, and is hanging somewhere in the air, to be taken with a moving platform from below, I believe you know enough to be able to find the missing purple key.

Good luck on the Mt. Everest! Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print