Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Update 1.1 released (Read 9334 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Update 1.1 released
12.11.2007 at 03:34:15

A little issue got fixed. Version 1.1 of
The Mansion Family - A Wondrous Place
is now downloadable.
« Last Edit: 22.09.2008 at 03:33:59 by brell »  

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Re: AWP > Update 1.1 released
Reply #1 - 12.11.2007 at 16:29:46

REALLY REALLY like this mansion, but, while I'm not sure if I got the original or the update, I find a problem in Room 14693 - a wall I can't get through or around or over or under... maybe I'm headed the wrong way?  Or maybe I missed something in the rooms before (to the left)???

HELP!

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #2 - 12.11.2007 at 16:43:22

Freddy wrote on 12.11.2007 at 03:34:15:
A little issue got fixed. Version 1.1 of
The Mansion Family - A Wondrous Place
is now downloadable.

A little issue? Maybe that was the Jack-Stuck I found:

Room #14 893 - you can jump on the column to the right. It has a little edge sticking out on the left side, if you stand on it you can jump above the top to the right of the column, and then you are stuck (you can go to one of those rooms where Jack leaves without the camera following him... you just hear his footsteps... Oooh, creepy!).

------

Or was it when you go to the first room with 'moving floor' (lots of platforms going up and down - a lovely room, really; didn't pick up the number though). Arriving from the left, after reading a BBB telling you how useful it is to practise jumps (I think), if you just walk innocently you fall down to Jack's death. Like a floor mismatch, but because the platforms are moving (I think if he arrived on a stable platform the fall wouldn't happen.)

-------

Reached the 5th Saving point; I love the mansion so far  Shocked

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 12.11.2007 at 17:22:56

suztours wrote on 12.11.2007 at 16:29:46:
REALLY REALLY like this mansion, but, while I'm not sure if I got the original or the update, I find a problem in Room 14693 - a wall I can't get through or around or over or under... maybe I'm headed the wrong way?  Or maybe I missed something in the rooms before (to the left)???

HELP!

suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

thanks for playing TMF3...I'm glad you like it.
As for room #14693....   Just look very hard, try everything and you will find the solution !!  There is no JS situation in 14693 !

I doubt you missed something in the rooms to the left....  you just didn't find the solution yet !

Keep on playing....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 12.11.2007 at 17:36:43

Toybox wrote on 12.11.2007 at 16:43:22:
A little issue? Maybe that was the Jack-Stuck I found:

Room #14 893 - you can jump on the column to the right. It has a little edge sticking out on the left side, if you stand on it you can jump above the top to the right of the column, and then you are stuck (you can go to one of those rooms where Jack leaves without the camera following him... you just hear his footsteps... Oooh, creepy!).

Toybox.... as usual you go JS-hunting  Cheesy  Grin.  What you have tpo know: In the room you mention (BTW, we shouldn't be talkin' about it....it could spoil it for some people), what is hidden behind the column is a barricade. I had to raise it to PREVENT Jack-stucks. What I don't understand:
1.  Didn't you activate the platforms first ?  (If you did jump onto the hidden barricade, you could always jump back onto the platforms if they come along.
2. I have raised the hidden barricade so a jumping to the area RIGHT of the column cannot result in a JS, as the jump must lead to death. I don't understand how you managed to jump down there and survive ??!

Toybox wrote on 12.11.2007 at 16:43:22:
Or was it when you go to the first room with 'moving floor' (lots of platforms going up and down - a lovely room, really; didn't pick up the number though). Arriving from the left, after reading a BBB telling you how useful it is to practise jumps (I think), if you just walk innocently you fall down to Jack's death. Like a floor mismatch, but because the platforms are moving (I think if he arrived on a stable platform the fall wouldn't happen.)

Reached the 5th Saving point; I love the mansion so far  Shocked

Exactly.  And even if the platform is moving it happens only rarely....  The platforms are aligned in a way that most of the time you'll survive. However, the BBB has been put there to warn players that something might happen.....

BTW...we really shouldn't give to many surprises like this away (I'm sure there are enough members out there, who haven't yet played TMF 3) !

Glad you like it, Toybox !

Hidden text here:

PS: In the next update I will re-design 14893 in such a way that it is no longer possible to jump onto the column from the top right.  (Jack is not meant at all to jump there....what you see behind it is just the not-yet actoivated platform, I think)

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #5 - 12.11.2007 at 21:29:53

aquaMat wrote on 12.11.2007 at 17:22:56:
suztours wrote on 12.11.2007 at 16:29:46:
REALLY REALLY like this mansion, but, while I'm not sure if I got the original or the update, I find a problem in Room 14693 - a wall I can't get through or around or over or under... maybe I'm headed the wrong way?  Or maybe I missed something in the rooms before (to the left)???

HELP!

suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

thanks for playing TMF3...I'm glad you like it.
As for room #14693....   Just look very hard, try everything and you will find the solution !!  There is no JS situation in 14693 !

I doubt you missed something in the rooms to the left....  you just didn't find the solution yet !

Keep on playing....

AquaMat - okay, so I messed around and messed around and then it hit me what I needed to do in 14693... so after a few stops & starts, suspensions while I thought about it, and such, now I've finally finished my first time all the way through.  My results go like this -

Time: 59:38
Score: 22,450
Secrets: 84% (I found 21)
Lives left: 8

Will give Jack a rest while I do some actual work and then give him another go later, probably tomorrow!

Anyway - great mansion!  One "negative" comment is that the exit is a bit of an anti-climax.  Or maybe I didn't find the real exit yet?  I don't know, but if what I found is the exit, maybe you could "dress it up" a bit?????  Just a thought.

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #6 - 12.11.2007 at 23:31:05

I had activated the platforms (otherwise I don't know if I could have stood where I stood). I'm not sure what is the use of this little corniche I was standing on. In any case what I did afterwards is called, I think, a squirrel jump. Roll Eyes I should try again, really  Wink

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 13.11.2007 at 02:50:01

Suzanne,

I know what you mean.... in this mansion there is not the usual "gold chamber w/ exit room", instead there is plenty of gold in the last few rooms before the exit.
I had to do it like this, as I wanted to include the little gimmick, that you can already see the exit in one of the first couple of rooms but can't get there until much later.

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #8 - 13.11.2007 at 13:49:56

I loved how you showed us the end at the beginning, it made me want to go exploring!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Update 1.1 released
Reply #9 - 13.11.2007 at 18:55:26

Thanks Josephine, and everybody else, for the nice comments !

@Toybox:

I have edited the room in question a little, so at least a direct jump from up above (highest floor) to you-know-where is no longer possible. However, I will wait until I have a few other changes / improvements to make, before I'll post an update.

Still don't understand how you managed to survive that squirrel jump though...??!?   Shocked    Undecided
« Last Edit: 22.09.2008 at 03:34:36 by brell »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print