Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Macbook! (Read 4669 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
New Macbook!
12.11.2007 at 07:56:23

16 Hour Drive... was well it was worth it to get my new Refurbished Macbook!

Anyways... Leopard looks great, and I got a upgrade DVD and my dad wants me to upgrade all the computers. I'm not sure if you're aloud, but if they didn't want you to, they would have found a way to prevent it.

The DVD burner drive was worth it. The computer works great, no problems so far. The screen was sooooo beautiful because it had my reflection in it!  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

My dad wants to use the new parental controls on my laptop to prevent me from going on in the morning on school days (I'm Home Schooled) and past my bedtime. Geez, I'm 13, I'm resposible! They probably won't believe me until I'm 15. Undecided

But I still haven't figured out how my dad could get the the parental controls working... he'll have to make another user, and set it as an admin, but can he limit times on other admins (like I want to have the main user, so I can connect from other computers to mine!)

I dunno. While we where setting up the computer, he made a password only he knows so I'm already locked out! What a bummer.

The computer is really great, and whoever doesn't have a Macbook or better, get one! (but don't get a mac mini, trust me!)

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Re: New Macbook!
Reply #1 - 13.11.2007 at 13:58:16

Congrats, Wingy! Cheesy

You don't need to be an administrator to connect from other computers. You just need the appropriate sharing preferences made for you (maybe you can make them - I'm not experienced with non-admin accounts). Your limited account name and password will work, and you should have the same rights remotely as you have locally.

Oh yeah, and you may find the keywords "enable root password mac os x" to be of interest. You, uh, didn't hear that from me... Undecided Lips Sealed

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #2 - 13.11.2007 at 20:13:40

Congratulation!  Wink Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #3 - 05.02.2008 at 17:32:35

Anthony wrote on 12.11.2007 at 07:56:23:
Anyways... Leopard looks great, and I got a upgrade DVD and my dad wants me to upgrade all the computers. I'm not sure if you're aloud, but if they didn't want you to, they would have found a way to prevent it.

I've always like this about Apple (this does not apply to music/videos that they have to license from entertainment companies) -- they don't treat their customers like criminals, even though they know that some people will "technically" "steal" software by installing unpurchased (unlicensed, really) copies of it.  But the people who are really ripping them off are not scared off by DRM.

For example, you can buy a single-use license of OS X, or you can buy a "Family Pack" which includes permission to install it on multiple computers in your household.  But the DVD is exactly the same, so it is, in a way, on the honor system. 

I completely understand developers (Vern included!!) needing to protect their property from theft, but the difference between what Apple does  Smiley and what Microsoft does  Angry is staggering.

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 06.02.2008 at 07:18:12

Well, so far, my dad hasn't installed Leopard on ANY of the other computers.

He has his own computer with leopard now, because he bought a new computer. He already had a perfectly good Macbook Pro, but I'll tell you why he got another one with Leopard.

Joseph, my brother, he's a guy into Game Dev. He's the guy who made Madtak, a space shooter game. If you google Madtak, you won't have much hope, because his website was repossessed, and they are asking Joe for like $40,000 for it back.
(Hey Vern, I didn't notice before, the header of www.idevgames.com has Jack Malon in it! You're popular!)

Anyways, Joe was at University, and left his Backpack... with his Macbook Pro, his calculator, his wireless mouse, and lots of Textbooks, on a bench! He came back, with lots of angry and hitting himself.

He called my dad, my dad got angry, he got angry, and everyone got angry. I got angry, too. Anyways, anger is bad, so my dad phoned his Insurance and got everything replaced. So my dad gave him HIS Macbook Pro while the new one shipped. (He wanted Leopard for himself)

SO thats it.

I'm sure you know my brother, Vern.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #5 - 06.02.2008 at 11:42:29

I've never heard of a web site being repossessed before. Typically, in the US "repossessed" means either you didn't pay your mortgage or you didn't pay your taxes...

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #6 - 06.02.2008 at 13:09:25

Anthony wrote on 06.02.2008 at 07:18:12:
(Hey Vern, I didn't notice before, the header of www.idevgames.com has Jack Malon in it! You're popular!)

Heh, Vern recruited me from the iDevGames Forums. Smiley

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print