Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
YABB 2.2 software installed (Read 32901 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: YABB 2.2 software installed
Reply #20 - 20.11.2007 at 23:03:52

Yes, I feel that the posting system is a bit more difficult. But the color thing is much better... I don't need just 20% of red and 40% of blue for a post, just a solid color. That is much better.

The post size is more compact, which makes it look a bit neater, but it is harder to use.

aquaMat wrote on 20.11.2007 at 16:48:08:
I also feel it has gotten much more difficult to see (at a glance) if there are new entries to a thread or not...

Yes, while you're scrolling down, it seems that the new post icon isn't flashing, so you have to stop, and it will start to animate again.

I'm sure this can be changed if we make another theme/template, because I think the flashing blue button is just a .GIF file that is animating. We can change that to a not-animating picture that is a different color so we can see it at a glance better. (Such as orange, if the theme/template is blue so it will stand out)

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #21 - 21.11.2007 at 06:54:21

Hi group, Wink

I know the admins are working hard to fix all the new little bugs with 2.2 Yabb, so I am impressed.

Just a feedback update;

It is now possible to modify one's post, as Wingy and I can attest to.

Mansions can be downloaded through the post; Download Mansions by Designer, and the above left new CM's.

The other posts for downloading CMs (Date and Name) still show a 404 notice.

As for color of text, if you click on the palette icon, you can have a mulititude of
colours
to choose from.

I agree the new message window is smaller, but that is only a problem for people like me who have 'verbal diarrhea'!!!  Most of you guys are pretty to the point and succinct in your messages.

that's it for my ongoing input, and thanks to the admins for doing such a wonderful job! Cheesy

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #22 - 21.11.2007 at 23:34:38

Yes! these new forums rule!!!
Grin

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #23 - 22.11.2007 at 02:20:52

aquaMat wrote on 20.11.2007 at 16:48:08:
... The fields in which you type your posts are smaller now, and there are less options within direct reach, e.g. the font colors are far less than before. ...

1° Isn't posting on MMF not like making emails? Based on how I work, short stuff is made directly, while long texts are prepared in e.g. texteditor. I don't need to defend Yabb 2.2, because it isn't mine! But the improvement that, when replying, the previous posts ALWAYS stay visible, even after refreshing preview, is more than enough compensation for a window that is (a little bit) smaller.
2° One extra click to see all colours. That is right. But, when you click, you see ALL possible colours at once. While in version 2.1 one needed to scroll ... Mmmm. I should call this an advantage. But that is a personal opinion, of course.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #24 - 23.11.2007 at 22:44:54

Freddy, I agree with most of what you said (by now)....although I have to admit, that
A) the small size of the window still bothers me a bit. Especially as there is no obvious reason at all why the window shouldn't be bigger  

and

B) what disturbs me most is that the whole appearance of the site is now much more confusing and tiring on the eye. It's no fun anymore to simply browse through the pages....
I feel the design looks like web-design from a bygone era !  Just look at the "headers" on the top of the page (Home / Help / Search...etc.). They used to be very visible and look like "buttons", now you really have to look twice to find them. Plus it has a typesetting that's far from elegant..... Looks like my 1978 typewriter, in fact!

But apart from those two factors (and probably a few others I haven't yet discovered), I can appreciate all the small improvements!!

However, I'm still not sure if the worst bugs of the old version (i.e. the "cancellation"/vanishing of posts etc.) have been addressed at all with the update.
One thing is sure, however, I didn't get my "vansihed posts" back (=the post count has not been corrected)....  Cheesy  Wink

(Yeah I know....never expect miracles from software !   Smiley)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #25 - 24.11.2007 at 18:24:54

aquaMat wrote on 23.11.2007 at 22:44:54:
... One thing is sure, however, I didn't get my "vansihed posts" back (=the post count has not been corrected) ...

I never had any hope that 2.2 would bring our disappeared posts back. But it is indeed very disapointing that, after the upgrade to 2.2,
the counting of the current posts is still wrong. E.g. frost with 5 posts is ... a Newbie with ZERO posts! Angry Roll Eyes I am looking for answers and inspiration on the YaBB-forums. To be continued.

Btw, we also have problems with the templates, so any changes of the layout of the boards will have to wait for a while. For this issue, Vern is trying to find a solution.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #26 - 24.11.2007 at 19:05:31

Angry Angry Angry
I just found a very unpleasant way myself to correct the wrong counting of the posts. I will first try it out on myself. But I can not promise that I will do the fixes for all forummembers. I really prefer to wait a little bit if it can be fixed in one move.

The manual way is this one. I need the password of the member (and that is the only reason that I test it on myself) and then ... I need to count all posts one by one on all boards. Finally, as admin, I seem to be able to correct the wrong number of posts.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #27 - 24.11.2007 at 19:16:36

All downloads should be working now.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #28 - 24.11.2007 at 19:27:52

Yes! it looks right now! Thank you for all the work you put in here!

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #29 - 24.11.2007 at 19:37:01

brell wrote on 24.11.2007 at 19:16:36:
All downloads should be working now.

Thx for doing it, brell. This issue was standing a little bit lower on my shortlist. For the time being, I am "cleaning up" the boards and meanwhile ... Roll Eyes ... counting my posts.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print