Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The disappearing and counting of posts (Read 10414 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
The disappearing and counting of posts
25.11.2007 at 05:35:21

As far as I know, we never lost complete topics at MMF in the past. Only (a lot of) posts. It may be of interest for some members to know where we lost those posts. It happened at the following 8 topics (the first seven at Talk and the last one at FU&D):
1° MMaM > Re: $ 500.000
2° Re: Dominator
3° Re: Dr. Tronic's Zoo Normal4° MMaM > Re: Too far between checkpoints 8 and 9
5° Re: Is "Mummy's Revenge" still working
6° TPI > Re: The Pirate Invasion
7° Re: The Sinqs of the Mansion Builders
8° Re: Infernal Runner (ex-Orpheus)
Don't ask me why ONLY THERE and not at other places. And don't ask me WHY or HOW MANY. Undecided Roll Eyes Undecided Roll Eyes Angry Angry Smiley Smiley Smiley

I succeeded in correcting my number of posts. After having seen all 5353 posts of our boards, I knew that 818 were mine. And not 615 as shown before. Of course I want to fix everybody's amount of posts. Need to think about how to do it. I'll keep in touch.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: The disappearing and counting of posts
Reply #1 - 26.11.2007 at 19:31:28

Freddy,

while it's definitely good news that you seem to find out the method behind the madness, and that you were able to fix your lost posts.... I also agree with you that we should either fix everybody's lost posts or noone's.... Otherwise it just wasn't fair !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 26.11.2007 at 19:35:46

@ aquaMat:
Did you receive my email? Shortly after my previous post about this issue.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #3 - 06.12.2007 at 07:06:29

Freddy, thank you SO much for fixing the counts on everybody's posts, it must have been a lot of work. That is awesome.

And I really like the new look of the forum, too.
Great job.
Smiley

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 06.12.2007 at 21:57:41

Wow, Freddy...

I don't know how you did it, but you really did it:

You re-installed the missing posts (count) !!!

I am very impressed !

I have also now changed back from "YaBB 2.1 look" to "MMF" to see what you have done.....and it's certainly much better now !
While there are still a few buttons that are a bit harder to read (e.g. REPLY below each post etc.), it is a very good compromise between new look and old functionality. (Or is it the other way round   Wink  Smiley )

Thanks a lot !!

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #5 - 06.12.2007 at 22:03:52

I second the previous posts, both for the count of posts and even more for the nice looks of the site!

Smiley

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 06.12.2007 at 22:07:20

Freddy wrote on 26.11.2007 at 19:35:46:
@ aquaMat:
Did you receive my email? Shortly after my previous post about this issue.

No, I don't think so !?!
What was it about ???

(Sorry, I only now saw this post from you, dated Nov. 26th)

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 07.12.2007 at 00:27:31

aquaMat wrote on 06.12.2007 at 21:57:41:
... I don't know how you did it ...

First of all, it is important to know that fixing the amount of posts was only possible since the update of the yabb-software. Although it wasn't as easy as clicking on a RECOUNT-button or something like that. Sad The new feature that helped us, is that admins have access now to the individual profiles of all members (except the colleague-admins). And once inside someone's profile, there is a, for the members, invisible section called ADMIN EDITS where we can change the amount of posts.

Once I knew that, I started counting all my own posts, by getting through all thousands of posts. And indeed could change my number of posts. Roll Eyes I counted wrong, btw. Embarrassed

Meanwhile I was also able to fix the posting totals of forummembers with only a few posts. When one clicks on an other members' name, you'll see his profile. And at the bottom of that profile it is possible to view his/hers latest 5, 10, 15 or 25 posts. It soon became clear that this feature shows the correct amount of posts. E.g. I could notice that the YABB Administrator (alter ego of Vern Wink) had 13 posts and not 3, like shown on the boards.

But what to do with the 22 MMF-members who had more than 25 posts?  I got no idea and really wasn't going to count them all myself by going once again through all +5000 posts. Till a few days ago, I suddenly came across a feature in the Admin Center. There I could change that "viewing the 25 latest posts" in any other number. I made it: 1.000. Cool

So with everything prepared, it went rather smoothly yesterday. Although that it must be said that the system needed several minutes to bring the largest numbers of posts into view. And in the end, the most difficult part was the fact that I found 3 Newbies with 0 posts, although they had posts. Problem was, that when a member has no posts, in his/her profile there is NOT a button to view the latest posts. However, it got solved as well with a dirty trick that I got from Jack Malone!! Grin

Oh. Talking about yesterday: sorry for any delay.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #8 - 08.12.2007 at 07:00:48

Hi Freddy...
I see you did some work on the forums... AquaMat, grats on your status of Expedition leader! Where you that before or did Freddy fix your number of posts?

Woohooo!!!! Im an Expedition Leader now, too!!!  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Nice job, Freddy!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 09.12.2007 at 00:29:03

He fixed it..... just like he fixed yours, too ! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print