Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sprite Freezing bug (Read 7392 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Sprite Freezing bug
26.11.2007 at 23:57:17

This is a bit strange, but while I was playing the mansion for Nick's Deadly Cooking Episode 2...

I stepped on the floor switch to let the snakes fall, (in the third room, and the 2nd floor switch did it)
...and they fell onto the grey-disappearing things WHILE it was there,
read a BBB,
...and then after the I read the BBB everything froze...

Jack still could move, but if he went on the frozen snakes he didn't die! He just went ontop of them! Also, the grey ghost platforms did disapear, but for good. But the game still though there was a platform there!

Very strange! I don't know if this is exactly what I did, but I think this is... I ended up like in the picture.

P.S. This only works in the Midnight Mansion game on fullscreen mode. (not the editor)

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Sprite Freezing bug
Reply #1 - 26.11.2007 at 23:59:28

Picture:

For some reason, the picture won't come through and I get a message like this:

An Error Has Occurred!

Error: Unable to open ../../public_html/yabbfiles/Attachments/strangebug.jpg. For purposes of security, YaBB asks that you please always use absolute paths. The '../' (parent directory) symbol is illegal. Please run Setup.pl again and modify the setting to use absolute paths instead of the '../' symbol.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #2 - 27.11.2007 at 00:21:16

Anthony wrote on 26.11.2007 at 23:59:28:
Picture:

For some reason, the picture won't come through and I get a message like this:

An Error Has Occurred!

Error: Unable to open ../../public_html/yabbfiles/Attachments/strangebug.jpg. For purposes of security, YaBB asks that you please always use absolute paths. The '../' (parent directory) symbol is illegal. Please run Setup.pl again and modify the setting to use absolute paths instead of the '../' symbol.

ohhh no xD an error  Wink

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #3 - 27.11.2007 at 03:35:13

The "game bug" is one thing. The "forum bug" an other one. We have contacted Vern about both issues.

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #4 - 29.11.2007 at 02:30:48

I think the forum bug is fixed. Please test anything that wasn't working before, and let me know if there are still any Forum problems.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #5 - 29.11.2007 at 16:38:31

Something which is not really a problem but which bugs me a little (pun intended Tongue)

Most of the time I browse the conversations without logging in, usually through the (new and improved) 'Last Postings' features, but sometimes by going into a separate conversation, when there are pictures or I need the backlog.

In that case, if I want to post a reply, I must log in. By doing so straight, I go out of the conversation, to the homepage of the forum: and this means, O tedium! that I must go and find again the conversation I just left.

I agree that it is only a minor annoyance, easily overcome by opening a new tab, logging in there, closing it and refreshing the old tab containing the conversation I wish to reply to. But still, it is untidy.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 01.12.2007 at 17:56:04

What surprises me....

why do y'all keep logging in and out...?    Undecided  Shocked

I just set my log-in status on "keeps" about 11 months ago, and now I'm always automatically logged in as soon as I open the forum pages.
Much more conveniant that way......  and since there is no "sensible" information on our forum pages I can see no danger in staying logged-in forever.

(I probably had to re-new my log-in, when the new forum software was up & running, but that's about it. Never had the slightest trouble that way....)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print