Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Only a test (Read 23054 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: Only a test
Reply #20 - 08.12.2007 at 21:39:15

Thx for your constructive reply. But I am afraid you have to keep in mind that my knowledge is rather limited concerning this stuff.

Like I did understand it, on the homepage the images of "the folder" and "new or not new posts" needed to be changed together. So, it is either the 2.1- or the 2.2-look. I prefer the new 2.2-look, but I must agree with e.g. aquaMat that it has an important disadvantage. Whith the 2.1-style, when scrolling down the whole MMF, one sees IMMEDIATELY where the new posts are. While with the 2.2, one has to stop scrolling a few times, to be able to know if there are new posts.

I really don't know if the images can be replaced by others. E.g. keeping the new look for the folders and adding something completely else to show the difference between new and old posts. Although no orange circles, IMO. Maybe Joe will later find an answer on that question. Anyway, I do hope so.

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #21 - 13.12.2007 at 09:52:14

I am seeing the NEW icon at the beginning of quite a few posts throughout the board tonight and some are from way back to last January.  Has something gone awry?    Smiley

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #22 - 13.12.2007 at 11:22:43

Have you been gone for awhile or not on the forums? The admins and Vern worked hard to get the newer version of forum software! Yes, there where some changes. The icon is new in the default template/theme of the forum, but on the MMF template/theme the icons telling you if new posts are in or not has been changed back. Why? Because it animated when there where posts in on default template/theme. When you where scrolling down, you couldn't see if a new post was in at a glance. With the icon orange, you can see it clearly and it stands out so you know just like that.

Does this answer your question or where you talking about a different icon?

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #23 - 14.12.2007 at 00:37:11

I'm new to the boards, Wingy, and missed out on most of the conversion discussions.  This is what I was referring to.  Thanks for your comments.

Picture.jpg (15 KB | )
Picture.jpg

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #24 - 15.12.2007 at 03:40:21

Jackie wrote on 13.12.2007 at 09:52:14:
I am seeing the NEW icon at the beginning of quite a few posts throughout the board tonight and some are from way back to last January.  Has something gone awry?    Smiley

I don't think there is anything wrong Jackie. When one is new on our forums, the software "knows" that you haven't seen ANY of all topics, and tells you that they are "new" for you.

It would be worse if it keeps on telling you that those topics are new AFTER you had a look at them. If THAT is the matter, please tell us!

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #25 - 16.12.2007 at 01:32:08

You are right, of course, Freddy.  I had read the messages before in Guest mode so when I started logging in they all turned up as New.  Duhhhhhh!   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print