Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Download Mansion Link Bug (Read 13723 times)
rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Download Mansion Link Bug
Reply #10 - 05.12.2007 at 00:25:51

I like the fonts and the more readable text within the posts. Too big up to the right in the head.

I don't like the very dark-blue background or the nearly as dark-blue in the posts. i also have difficulties to see which field is selected as I have blue as selection colour!!

I do appreciate your work Freddy but it is a little too much. In my opinion the 2.2 look is fairly good with a few changes. Only one step larger font but darker font colour. That's it!

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #11 - 05.12.2007 at 00:35:38

rose wrote on 05.12.2007 at 00:25:51:
... I don't like the very dark-blue background or the nearly as dark-blue in the posts.  ...

Thx for your reply, rose. I am still testing out a lot of things, so there may be major differences with the colours now and then. But Huh posts with very darkblue background?? All posts should have a pastel yellow background! Are you sure about that? Is it possible to post a screenshot?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #12 - 05.12.2007 at 01:12:56

rose wrote on 05.12.2007 at 00:25:51:
... I do appreciate your work Freddy but it is a little too much. In my opinion the 2.2 look is fairly good with a few changes. Only one step larger font but darker font colour. That's it!

You are absolutely right, rose. While not having any experience with this stuff, I got the feeling that the more I did, the worser it became.

So within a few minutes MMF will look again like the original 2.2 with the following changes:
1° of course no yabb-logo, but a MM-pic in the header;
2° font a little bigger and darker;
3° post-backgrounds always the same;
4° the former images at the left to announce new posts;
5° icon+text in the place of buttons.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #13 - 05.12.2007 at 01:36:10

It is easier on the eyes now!

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #14 - 05.12.2007 at 01:41:29

And I hope that SandyBean doesn't need sunglasses any more! Grin

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #15 - 05.12.2007 at 03:09:17

YEAH !!!   Grin

Thanks Freddy, it is wonderful, and much easier to read due to the softer colors and larger font.  Well Done!   Wink

Lots of hard work, and much learning and experimenting, and I for one am greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Sandybean Smiley

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #16 - 05.12.2007 at 11:17:24

Hi Freddy -
I think you've done a great job. The site has a much friendlier look. My concern to you, for a long while, is that MM, while a terrific non-violent game for kids (and adults), has a primarily grown-up following, and a site that was totally off-putting to any child that stopped by. Some of the member adults have, on occasion, also not been very patient with younger forum members. My grandson (now 8) has been playing MM since he was 5 - back in the "old" days. After some unkind exchanges between adults and kids, we just blocked MM for him. We recently 'unblocked' it, and he, hopefully, will participate at some point and be cheered for doing so and for loving MM. I still think some thought should be given to an area for kids - he has made some great mansions (for a little guy 5-8) that would not stand up to adult scrutiny but are pretty terrific for his age. It seems that the future growth of MM can only be with kids, and, considering the violent nature of most of the games out there, we should do everything we can to encourage kids to come here.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #17 - 05.12.2007 at 16:00:50

Hi Sheryl,

I cannot remember such incidents. Quite contrarily so: please remember that the two members most active on these boards, Wingy and Mikee, are both 13..... and apart from the odd little joke I feel we never did anything to make them feel un-welcome.

On the other hand, I doubt it would be helpful if we'd deliberately "simplified" our language and conversations only to accomodate one or two kids (below 10 years) that might happen to drop by.

But I'm sure we will welcome any very young kid amongst our midst (if he wants to talk about MM, that is !)

But tat's just my 2 cts worth.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #18 - 05.12.2007 at 17:09:00

I do remember what sherryl199 is talking about. And for the same reasons someone like mayapapaya decided to stop activities on MMF in those days. I still hope she returns as well.

Concerning a kids area, I will discuss that with the other admins. Although not having children myself, I understand that there must be a big difference between kids from 8 and from 13 years old. Not to forget that he sherryl199's grandson was only 5, when starting MM!

To be continued.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #19 - 06.12.2007 at 00:00:32

Rules of posting by Vern:
http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1176498555
Just as an reminder.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged