Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
launch site (Read 9647 times)
omega
Lost One

in a cage in my owners closet
launch site
03.01.2008 at 23:07:55

I have just released this to public so i hope you like it! Smiley

ps i like it when jack gets sent flying!

launch_site_.zip (166 KB | )

if you dont like it throw it out the window!

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Re: launch site
Reply #1 - 05.01.2008 at 01:02:53

hehe yeah jack flying!  Grin

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #2 - 08.01.2008 at 07:04:35

......What? good mansion, but when does he fly? By the way- WHADDYA MEAN YOU LIKE BOOGERS!?

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #3 - 09.01.2008 at 13:33:29

This could make it to the mansion list, but it needs a lot of fixing to do. By the way, I beat it in 11:08 with 28,650 and all secrets.

The number one thing to do when building a serious mansion is: Making sure there are no Jake-stucks (aka JS) and no cheap-deaths. (Thats kinda hard on Jack!)

There where some Jack-stucks here and there, but mostly in that jagged place at the end. You should jump around in those rooms with Jack and see if you can find a place that you can never get out of, unless you restart.

Also, cheap-deaths could put down the enjoyment of the game, because if you loose a life, you have to make sure the player thinks that it is their fault. Meaning: Don't put a lever in a room, which kills Jack. (e.g. 100 snakes falls on his head) Levers are meant for pulling.

You should give the player 10 seconds on a easy mansion to see the bad guy and react, and on normal mansions, 5 seconds, and hard, 2-3 seconds, and, well, super hard like... 1 second.

Also, don't put ledges RIGHT in the next room, give at least a space of... like 5 tiles.

Now this is just some advice, Omega, and YOU'RE building the mansion, not me. So, you don't have to do what I suggest.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #4 - 09.01.2008 at 23:44:56

Oh yeah, i haven't test the mansion until i have made my section yeah...  Roll Eyes

crisscross24  
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #5 - 01.03.2008 at 12:30:33

It's FUN to launch Jack  Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #6 - 16.07.2008 at 04:05:05

Hi,

Very intriguing mansion.  I love the flying!  But I too want to know what you meant by boogers???    lol

But, Jack got stuck in Rm. 16902, he went up the bricks to check out for secret rooms and got stuck.  To bad to, I had a lot of lives. 

I think you did an amazing job using your creativity. Smiley
Great color schemes.

I look forward to playing a finished (tested ) version.

Missy

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #7 - 16.07.2008 at 05:15:26

Missy, try The Mall, you'll like it a lot. It has launches which can be very challenging at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot easier.

IP Logged

negative zero
Wanderer

building since 2004

Melbourne,FL
Reply #8 - 04.09.2010 at 06:34:40

my little brother made this  Tongue he was 8 at the time and very hyper and weird at the time and he posted it using this account (AKA my old one) sooo yeah... its wierd isn't it? ~also there was never intended to be a sequel but i have used it in a mansion for the original game although i never got to post it...

why do we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print