Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New mansion soon: "The Void" (Read 31002 times)
Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: New mansion soon: "The Void"
Reply #10 - 12.02.2008 at 04:37:22

The innovation: Ah yes, I forgot to jump apparently  Embarrassed Well, that's at most one life lost.

And the scorpion, um, I wasn't suggesting you put it there as a trap (if only because you don't have time to realise you're being trapped, which spoils the fun Wink) but just something which was left a bit out of place.

The other deaths (the 'expensive' ones): I agree they are (so far!) essentially just tough places, so no complains about it  Cheesy (I'm trying hard not to say anything about the zapper beams  Wink)

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #11 - 12.02.2008 at 05:11:36

This mansion was SO MUCH FUN!!!  Grin I liked that there were several ways to arrive somewhere, but only one correct path.

I'd like to be a fuddyduddy and point out a couple of JS:

1) Room 14498. If you jump off from the bottom right hand corner (where the ladder is), you wind up stuck in the top left portion of 14699.

2) Room 14501. My Jack is very curious and jumped onto the topmost stone at the bottom left. He was stuck and had to commit suicide. Curiosity killed the Jack, but a cheap death in my opinion...  Smiley

Finally, here' s a doozy for you. Jack was a bit too enthusiastic in chasing the purple key in room 14901, went right through the ceiling in room 15101, and landed on the vine, safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!  Needless to say, he'd missed too much of the mansion to be able to finish without having gone through the rooms he missed. So, I'd perhaps lower the ceiling in 15101 (or something) to make enthusiastic key diving result in death.

Great mansion, thanks!

Arevn

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #12 - 12.02.2008 at 18:12:08

hey aqua, that looks like very cool!  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #13 - 12.02.2008 at 20:14:12

Toybox wrote on 12.02.2008 at 04:37:22:
The other deaths (the 'expensive' ones): I agree they are (so far!) essentially just tough places, so no complains about it  Cheesy (I'm trying hard not to say anything about the zapper beams  Wink)

I absolutely agree.....know what you mean....
I had a long fight w/ myself over whether I should leave the one mean zapper room (the one with the vine inside the zappers) as it is......
and finally decided YES..... ('cause - as always - there's a pattern to it, a method to the madness, and once you know it, it becomes easy).... and to make it less frustrating I piut the added save pedestal right next to it.
Cool     Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 12.02.2008 at 20:40:13

arevn wrote on 12.02.2008 at 05:11:36:
This mansion was SO MUCH FUN!!!  Grin I liked that there were several ways to arrive somewhere, but only one correct path.

I'd like to be a fuddyduddy and point out a couple of JS:

1) Room 14498. If you jump off from the bottom right hand corner (where the ladder is), you wind up stuck in the top left portion of 14699.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know it (as of course, jumping from there isn't "intended"). However, when I just tried it, Jack ended in the room below, but was immediately finished off by those "flying heads" and was born again safely in room 14498.
So I tend to leave it as it is..... especially as there isn't enough room to build a hidden wall or something.
Edit
(later): Did build a hidden wall now, although it considerably takes away some of the "danger factor" of that particular spot. Will be in next UD.

2) Room 14501. My Jack is very curious and jumped onto the topmost stone at the bottom left. He was stuck and had to commit suicide. Curiosity killed the Jack, but a cheap death in my opinion...  Smiley

Honestly..... here I tend to agree with your "Curiosity killed the Jack" remark..... especially when I come to think that you had to kill the snake first to be able to get up there...Gee, you must be really curious. There's a reason why the snake is there....   Wink
(Maybe I can do something about that in a future update.)

Finally, here' s a doozy for you. Jack was a bit too enthusiastic in chasing the purple key in room 14901, went right through the ceiling in room 15101, and landed on the vine, safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!  Needless to say, he'd missed too much of the mansion to be able to finish without having gone through the rooms he missed. So, I'd perhaps lower the ceiling in 15101 (or something) to make enthusiastic key diving result in death.

Great mansion, thanks!
Arevn

Wow, interesting. This is very strange though. I don't understand how he could "fly" through the ceiling in room 15101 ??!  I have also included a couple of zappers in the ceiling, but not over the whole length.....  but in all those places where there was "standing room" left (= the lower grey ceiling bricks).  I'd never thought that it was possible fro Jack to sail through a closed ceiling. Doesn't sound logical to me....although I understand why this is so.

Unfortunately I cannot change the ceiling in 15101... it would destroy the whole design of the "Inner Sanctum". I can only try to include a (maybe hidden) floor or zappers into the room above (14901) which would equally result in Jack's death.

Thanks for telling me....and also thanks for the nice positive remarks. Have fun with the rest of The Void !

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #15 - 13.02.2008 at 04:56:22

aquaMat wrote on 12.02.2008 at 20:40:13:
Honestly..... here I tend to agree with your "Curiosity killed the Jack" remark..... especially when I come to think that you had to kill the snake first to be able to get up there...Gee, you must be really curious.

I was really, really, really stuck/desperate!!!  Grin

Quote:
Wow, interesting. This is very strange though. I don't understand how he could "fly" through the ceiling in room 15101 ??!

The first time it happened was purely by accident, but I was able to recreate it several times.!

BTW, I'd finished the mansion when I posted my comments, and did so with 95% secrets! I got 100% secrets on my second attempt!

Areven

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #16 - 13.02.2008 at 05:10:16

Need hint in Rm 14497.  Is Jack really supposed to jump down on the moving brick with no room to maneuver from above?  He's tried jumping from the opposite side too with the same result -- death.   Cry  Loving The Void as far as I've gotten, which isn't very far.

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #17 - 13.02.2008 at 06:31:03

Hi Jackie,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question ?!?

If I should guess.... maybe what worries you is that to get onto the moving platform you have to perform what we call a squirrel jump:

This is done by simply jumping off of the lowest bit of "sand-colored" ground in the center of the room directly onto the platform going under it, by the help of the arrow keys (during jump).  It's importanmt to not jump too late.

Although I still don't understand what you mean by "no room to maneuver from above" but I guess that this is what you mean ?!

PS: Indeed, the opposite side doesn't work....!

Thanks for playing The Void..... and have fun with the rest....!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #18 - 13.02.2008 at 06:34:07

Congratulations, arevn !!
   Cheesy   Grin

100 % during your 2nd trial....that's very impressing !!

I'd never have guessed that anyone would manage that so soon...!!  Shocked

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #19 - 13.02.2008 at 07:53:22

aquaMat wrote on 13.02.2008 at 06:31:03:
Hi
If I should guess.... maybe what worries you is that to get onto the moving platform you have to perform what we call a squirrel jump:

This is done by simply jumping off of the lowest bit of "sand-colored" ground in the center of the room directly onto the platform going under it, by the help of the arrow keys (during jump).  It's importanmt to not jump too late.

\

aquaMat,
Thanks for a speedy reply.  The squirrel jump is new to me.  I guess we are talking about the same room but sand-colored to me means gray.  The platform that goes up and down and the lowest ground is light brown.  I have tried the squirrel jump several times with no luck and it's hard to get there with very many lives left to use for practice.  Maybe I will have to put it on hold until I get more skillful. Embarrassed

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print