Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New mansion soon: "The Void" (Read 31000 times)
Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: New mansion soon: "The Void"
Reply #30 - 01.03.2008 at 23:14:34

nancygevans wrote on 29.02.2008 at 08:04:24:
OK all you Void masters - I need a hint in room 14305. I get to the top of the tower with the red doors at the bottom. I find the invisible platform at the top left, but can't seem to go anywhere from there. All I can do is go down the pole and get a yellow key that I can't find a door for. Help!!

Thanks, Nancy

Since you reached this room, it means that you have passed much, much trickier ones  Roll Eyes

So you said you found the platform: do you mean, the moving platform? If so, the way is pretty straightforward (no, really!) If not, I guess this will count as a hint  Wink

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #31 - 01.03.2008 at 23:58:09

Hi Nancy,

thanks for playing The Void, first of all !

Toybox basically already gave you the important hint. I'll try to get a bit more precise without spoiling it for you and other players:

(This answer is based on my presumption that by "platform" you meant
"hidden floor"
, rather than
"moving platform"
!)

You have arrived at the top of the "red tower".... and you have also discovered that there's something at the left, haven't you ?
Also you collected the yellow key on the return trip down...!

So if you have checked the way down already, discovered the "exit" to the left and you see that there's nothing at the right side.... what option (=direction) does that leave you ?
You should ask yourself that..... and together with Toybox's (very direct) hint of a (spoiler: )  
"platform"
..... you should soon figure it out.

Obviously you have overseen one (spoiler: )  
switch...!

You are very close to the finish...... I'm pretty sure you'll make it !

And thank you Toybox for the kind remark.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #32 - 01.09.2008 at 04:01:43

Hi aquaMat,

I am now playing your CM-The Void.....I have to tell you, that this is one freaky mansion!  (I mean that in a GREAT way.)  hee,hee.....

LOVE THE CREATIVE PUZZLE, but I have one question. 

The vertical zappers in room 14898, which are horrible long & tough to get thru, well, what is the purpose of shutting them off AFTER you finally get thru those suckers with all of Jacks lives?!

also, room 14305 after Jack gets the pittance of gold (hee,hee), it's a real nightmare getting off the vine & onto those teeny weeny blocks.  Perhaps, if Jack could collect more gold, he wouldn't die so fast at such a nasty jump.  You can't see Jack jump off the vine to gauge the jump.

I finished with only 90% secrets my first try.  Did I miss a real pot of gold or

EDITED to avoid spoiling playing fun: red 'text' Grin is from the admins on request of Missy
« Last Edit: 07.09.2008 at 22:13:38 by Freddy »  

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #33 - 07.09.2008 at 21:00:43

Missy wrote on 01.09.2008 at 04:01:43:
Hi aquaMat,

I am now playing your CM-The Void.....I have to tell you, that this is one freaky mansion!  (I mean that in a GREAT way.)  hee,hee.....

LOVE THE CREATIVE PUZZLE, but I have one question. 

The vertical zappers in room 14898, which are horrible long & tough to get thru, well, what is the purpose of shutting them off AFTER you finally get thru those suckers with all of Jacks lives?!

Well....I know it's a bit mean that you have the impression that you can only switch 'em off after you invested all the hard work of getting thru them.....  BUT: There is a serious reason for that.....

- Since I know it's a pretty hard spot I thought I better include the possibility to switch them off for those players who want / need to pass the zappers a second time....for example because they need to backtrack, or they want to get back to the save pedestal (because they haven't yet saved) or something like that. Because having to pass the active zappers TWICE would be really too much...!  Cool

also, room 14305 after Jack gets the pittance of gold (hee,hee), it's a real nightmare getting off the vine & onto those teeny weeny blocks.  Perhaps, if Jack could collect more gold, he wouldn't die so fast at such a nasty jump.  You can't see Jack jump off the vine to gauge the jump.

Well...sorry about that. It's hard but it's quite manageable with a little practice....

I finished with only 90% secrets my first try.  Did I miss a real pot of gold or

90% is really good for a first try, believe me !!
And yes, the room above is the only one.....BTW, the fact that you wrote this so openly is
a spoiler
, I'm afraid.....for those who haven't yet played The Void..... as it is actually a bit of a "secret gold chamber".

Next time I'd prefer you would write things like that in white color or something.

Good luck for finding the remaining secrets.....   Wink

And BTW....the amount of secrets found does not necessarily have a relation to the amount of money found or how many treasure chambers a mansion has....  even if most secrets contain one or more hidden coin(s), it doesn't have to be like that (at least not in my creations).

SPOILER EDITED by the admins.
« Last Edit: 07.09.2008 at 22:15:16 by Freddy »  

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #34 - 10.09.2008 at 04:35:36

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print