Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
TIMS MANSION 2!!11 (Read 33738 times)
Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Re: TIMS MANSION 2!!11
Reply #10 - 25.02.2008 at 18:58:07

hmm no sry, i must be asking my dad to i can come to his home and then i can play it on my mac  Tongue

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Matari
Explorer

UK
Reply #11 - 25.02.2008 at 20:24:07

Hi

yes i have tried it - it is fun - obviously because it isn't an official mansion it is a bit rough round the edges, but i have enjoyed it.  BUT i got stuck in a room - will have another look and let you know which room it is - as far as i can remember, it is a room where there are three levers to pull and one should open a grey door I think, but doesn't.

IP Logged

Matari
Explorer

UK
Reply #12 - 25.02.2008 at 20:27:33

Hi all again - it is room 17737.  If this could be fixed, that would be good.  Otherwise, like i said it is fun - loads of cheap deaths, but also loads of lives and save points, Smiley so you can get quite far.

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #13 - 25.02.2008 at 23:59:41

Hey Wingy - I must say that I really did enjoy Tim's Mansion, even with all the "rough around the edges" things!   Grin Unhappy about the cheap deaths, though (like encountering some sort of killing thing at the entrance to a couple of rooms, without even a chance to avoid it).  Think that if you can clean it up a bit and add in some secrets (there are plenty of possibilities already there), Tim could have quite a nice "real" mansion!  Roll Eyes

By the way, I ended up with a ton of keys that opened nothing along the way! Shocked

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #14 - 26.02.2008 at 09:03:20

Well, Suztours or Wingy, perhaps you could give me a hint on how to get past room 17525, I am entering from the right, and no matter what I do, I end up opening the trap doors and there is no way across!!!  (found the secret room two rooms from the right of this, very clever!) Grin

By the way, I loved the sneaky part in room 17737 where the levers don't open the gray door, but you can open it elsewhere, very tricky.  

So far a fun, interesting mansion, great work for a lil one, and I don't mind the cheap deaths, keeps Jack on his toes and there are lots of save points and extra money. Cheesy

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Matari
Explorer

UK
Reply #15 - 26.02.2008 at 13:22:31

Hi Sandybean, thanks for the hint.  Meanwhile am stuck in same place as you - can't avoid opening the trap doors

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #16 - 26.02.2008 at 18:21:25

Hmm, I can try on evening by my dad to home at my mac. Gives it on the mansion more way then one or you can only go one way?  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #17 - 27.02.2008 at 18:34:14

I don't like it very much.....

Although I know it's been made by a 6-year old or so....for my taste it simply has too many faults, JSs, unaligned floors etc. and too many illogical things like giving out 20 shields and 10 keys in one room, even though there's only 8 "spaces" to store them.

Even if it's been only released in "Free Up- and Downloading" I feel it could have done with a bit of editing (by Wingy), just as Tim's first one...

But that's just my view, basically.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #18 - 28.02.2008 at 04:56:49

Aqua! You know... Tim is only 5 or 6. For his talent to build a mansion is this very good. When I was 5 or 6 and I had know this game, so I have make too a mansion on this style. I love the style of Tim, and i can't wait for the next mansion of him. I will see wingy, when he is 13 then he will be a good mansion builder as you  Tongue Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #19 - 28.02.2008 at 08:26:24

Whee, that was fun!

Personally, I think that it could go on the 'finished' mansions board. Yes, it's silly and has a ton of JS and CD, but it also has some very good puzzles and a high exploration factor. At any rate, I enjoyed it immensely!

Aquamat, half the fun of the mansion is the number of 'mistakes' in it since they were intentional. I would never have guessed that Tim is only 5 or 6. I thought the mansion was made by an adult who really, really, really knows the ins and out of designing and who decided to see if all the 'rules' could be violated and all the idiosyncrasies exploited at once. In short, I think it's a brilliant joke. Tim has one heck of a future as a designer ahead of him!

Arevn Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print