Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
new mansion--Triad (Read 44595 times)
SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: new mansion--Triad
Reply #30 - 03.03.2008 at 03:21:17

Hi Arevn,

Great mansion, didn't realize till the end that there wasn't even one save pedestal in the whole thing!

Liked the way you build it so rooms from different paths intersected, that was intriguing.

Found room ?14302 (the one with all the levers and changing silver/gold blocks) much harder than 14698 until I found the easy way through!!! Grin

I was puzzled at the need for a lever or any reason to even pull it in room ?14301 (the ladder room that you did a preview shot of) there was nothing else to discover in this room.

All in all a great little mansion, with lots of good secrets and some challenging spots.  Keep up the great work,

Thanks,
SandyBean Smiley

Picture_1_020.png (352 KB | )
Picture_1_020.png

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #31 - 03.03.2008 at 03:28:06

Thanks for playing, SandyBean!

I have a question for you about room 14301: How did you get past it without pulling the lever????

Arevn

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #32 - 03.03.2008 at 03:28:50

Toybox wrote on 02.03.2008 at 23:02:30:
Um, I don't think so. How odd Huh

EDIT: Found it  Cool

I'm sneaky, aren't ?  Wink

Arevn

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #33 - 03.03.2008 at 03:29:34

aquaMat wrote on 03.03.2008 at 01:06:49:
Oooh thanks, arevn & Suzours....

I didn't know that there was more to it..... probably I died too fast to notice anything else....   Grin   Cheesy

Aren't I clever designer; I thought of eveeeeeerything!  Grin

Arevn

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #34 - 03.03.2008 at 03:43:43

I am not sure, as I did go through the room and explore, but I left the silver brick empty when I left, so the room was as I found it.

Maybe that was the catch that I missed inadvertently.

Good stuff,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #35 - 03.03.2008 at 04:18:36

arevn wrote on 03.03.2008 at 03:29:34:
aquaMat wrote on 03.03.2008 at 01:06:49:
Oooh thanks, arevn & Suzours....

I didn't know that there was more to it..... probably I died too fast to notice anything else....   Grin   Cheesy

Aren't I clever designer; I thought of eveeeeeerything!  Grin

Arevn

Ah, that famous room with the key falling into the lava?

I solved it very easily by failing to achieve the wrong solution  Cheesy

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #36 - 03.03.2008 at 05:27:41

Toybox wrote on 03.03.2008 at 04:18:36:
Ah, that famous room with the key falling into the lava?

I solved it very easily by failing to achieve the wrong solution  Cheesy

How, praytell, did you solve it? Do you mean failing to achieve the correct solution?

Arevn

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #37 - 03.03.2008 at 06:13:03

After your tip I played again, and this time finished Triad in a (for me) record time of 14 mins. (See below...)

Although I had the feeling I had found really many secrets it turned out to be only 66 %..... strange ??!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #38 - 03.03.2008 at 06:16:07

aquaMat wrote on 03.03.2008 at 06:13:03:
Although I had the feeling I had found really many secrets it turned out to be only 66 %..... strange ??!

Someone needs to slow down and explore a bit more.  Wink

Arevn
PS I know where everything is and the quickest way through the whole mansion and I can't do it in under 11 minutes. So, 14 minutes isn't too bad, other than the fact that you're missing 34% of the secrets. Smiley

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #39 - 03.03.2008 at 07:28:00

After a bunch of deaths and messing around, I did it in 14:20 with all secrets and all points... but the next time through, it took longer, 'cause I kept falling off the gold & silver blocks and couldn't quite manage to get to the tiny brick area in the next room from the falling platform!  I don't think I can beat my own time of 14:20... Undecided

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print