Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
new mansion--Triad (Read 44593 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: new mansion--Triad
Reply #40 - 03.03.2008 at 22:17:27

Now that is quite an achievment, Suz !!!

@ Arevn:

Yeah, I know....  but once I finished a mansion (even with only two third of the secrets found) I usually wait at least 2 weeks before I play it again....so it doesn't get overly familiar !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #41 - 03.03.2008 at 22:26:14

[quote author=aquaMat link=1203907159/30#40 date=1204556907]Now that is quite an achievment, Suz !!!

@ Arevn:

Thanks - but the thing is, I've been very sick for more than two weeks and taking medication that makes me feel like I'm speeding, very restless, even when I should be resting!  Shocked  So, instead, I push little Jack to hurry up and get through those mansions!  Tongue

I finish the meds by Wednesday and have lots of touring work coming up, so hopefully, at least Jack can take an actual rest for a bit!  Well, until the Tubes comes out, anyway!  Roll Eyes

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #42 - 04.03.2008 at 02:05:40

arevn wrote on 03.03.2008 at 05:27:41:
Toybox wrote on 03.03.2008 at 04:18:36:
Ah, that famous room with the key falling into the lava?

I solved it very easily by failing to achieve the wrong solution  Cheesy

How, praytell, did you solve it? Do you mean failing to achieve the correct solution?

Arevn

No no, I meant failing to achieve the wrong one: I tried something which would have not led to success, but failed. This made me discover by chance the proper way to go on  Grin

And by the way, I had managed just under 12min (and missed the screenshot  Roll Eyes) I think there are one or two rooms where you can waste quite some time - I got lucky and managed to pass them quickly I guess.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #43 - 04.03.2008 at 02:11:57

Toybox wrote on 04.03.2008 at 02:05:40:
No no, I meant failing to achieve the wrong one: I tried something which would have not led to success, but failed. This made me discover by chance the proper way to go on  Grin

And by the way, I had managed just under 12min (and missed the screenshot  Roll Eyes) I think there are one or two rooms where you can waste quite some time - I got lucky and managed to pass them quickly I guess.

LOL Whatever works, I guess!

Your time is excellent! The room that slows me down every time is 14698 ('Folie'). Those jumps just seem impossible to me. I would eat up a kazillion lives trying to pass it until I put in the 'safety net' two rooms down.

Arevn

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #44 - 04.03.2008 at 03:19:02

arevn wrote on 04.03.2008 at 02:11:57:
Your time is excellent! The room that slows me down every time is 14698 ('Folie'). Those jumps just seem impossible to me. I would eat up a kazillion lives trying to pass it until I put in the 'safety net' two rooms down.

Yes, I had that room in mind when mentioning the harder ones. When I played last time I managed to lose just one Jack there (I missed the safety nets. I guess that won me some time too  Wink). The previous time it had claimed a much heavier Jack toll!

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #45 - 04.03.2008 at 04:15:58

Terrific mansion, Arevn. A little easy, a little normal, a little hard, a good bit of trickery and some humor - great balance (although my keyboard may not recover from the Folie jumps!). BTW, how much money was it possible to earn? I had 48,850.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #46 - 04.03.2008 at 04:27:59

sherryl199 wrote on 04.03.2008 at 04:15:58:
Terrific mansion, Arevn. A little easy, a little normal, a little hard, a good bit of trickery and some humor - great balance (although my keyboard may not recover from the Folie jumps!). BTW, how much money was it possible to earn? I had 48,850.

Sherry, thanks for playing and taking the time to comment!

My keyboard had the same issue with Folie.  Grin

Total money: 48850 You got it all, congrats!

Arevn

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #47 - 04.03.2008 at 07:02:37

It was exactly that room which drove me crazy as well.... first time I lost a zillion lives there.....but during the second play I was lucky and went thru it pretty fast !

It's definitly harder than "normal" there....   Wink

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #48 - 04.03.2008 at 07:06:08

aquaMat wrote on 04.03.2008 at 07:02:37:
It's definitly harder than "normal" there....   Wink

This room is what makes the mansion normal, I think. Most of the rest of it is easy. Easy and hard averages out to normal, right?  Wink

Arevn

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #49 - 05.03.2008 at 00:10:47

Well, arevn.....

I'm not sure if I'd call the rest of your mansion EASY either (apart from a few really easy rooms)..... but you're definitely right, when you say the whole thing is "normal"....

BTW....I usually have the same tendency....to "underestimate" the difficulty of my own creations (I remember I wanted to call The Void "normal-to-hard" first Wink !!). As a builder you're so familiar with what you've created so of course it seems a bit easier to yourself than anyone else.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print