Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The Four Tubes (Read 43418 times)
SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: The Four Tubes
Reply #10 - 03.03.2008 at 03:55:52

Hi aquamat,

I played the Void, really enjoyed it, especially all the hunting for secret entrances to rooms, took a while.  Very clever.

I understand what you mean about forum response, I too was very disappointed about the tiny bit of feedback I received from my one and only mansion; Immortal Ruins.  I spent a huge amount of time and energy on it, and it seems it was a flop.  Oh well, such is life sometimes.   Cry

Keep up the great mansion building, looking forward to the Four Tubes.

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #11 - 03.03.2008 at 06:20:15

Thanks a lot for the nice words, Sandy...!

I can assure you that Immortal Ruins was not a flop, at least not in my book..... I remember very well how much I liked playing it.

It did have a very high "exploring factor", too... due to its non-linearity, and as far as I recall, did also feature quite a few innovations !!!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #12 - 06.03.2008 at 17:54:51

The Four Tubes is currently beta-tested, and we have reached version 0.9.5 already.....   Smiley

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #13 - 09.03.2008 at 06:56:12

Way cool, Aquamat!

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 09.03.2008 at 18:51:59

Beta-testing is now finished and I'm currently doing version 1.0 (which will be the official "release version").

The only thing left to be done is set the music IDs.

And here I want to do the following (I know there will be a few players out there who might protest):

You know my preferance to play without (the supplied) music, and given the nature of THE FOUR TUBES, with all the exploring etc., I'd like to release the official version as a SILENT MANSION (=music set to -1 /off).

It will enhance the effect, believe me.

Should there be players out there who absolutely need the (MM-)music (and who are still not tired of hearing the same 4 pieces time and again) of course I cannot prevent you from using the editor to change the music IDs.  But I'd rather see you not do it......
(You can as well turn on your stereo while playing !)

So I invite an open discussion here, about the music..... to find out how many players really feel they need this music.
But unless there will be a majoritiy of you asking me not to do it, I will release The Four Tubes as a silent, but very atmospheric mansion, full of suspense... animal noises, footsteps, blood dripping sounds..... !

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #15 - 09.03.2008 at 23:37:31

aquaMat wrote on 09.03.2008 at 18:51:59:
a silent, but very atmospheric mansion, full of suspense... animal noises, footsteps, blood dripping sounds..... !

Jack screaming to his death.
Grin

No music is fine with me.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #16 - 10.03.2008 at 00:45:59

Good to hear that.....

T.F.T. is going out to Brell, later today !!

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #17 - 10.03.2008 at 02:24:18

For the longest time when I first started playing MM, I did not have ANY sound on, as the SE's would make my young puppy thingy his ears and if Jack died, Murphy would really seem upset.   Huh

Now I play with the SE's at low volume, and the music even lower.  Murphy, and our now new puppy, Shasta, have become quite indifferent to the noises, and believe me, being able to hear the monsters and such is a great help to keep Jack alive. Roll Eyes

The music to me is not important, and even distracting at times when it changes between rooms and delays the play.  I think your mansion will be great as a silent, eerie space, with all kinds of trouble waiting for Jack! Shocked

Looking forward to playing it !

thanks,
SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #18 - 10.03.2008 at 02:32:04

I often play without music too (but not always).

What about having a music track mostly silent, but with occasional creepy noises (doors creaking, spooky laughter, footsteps, things like that)?

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #19 - 10.03.2008 at 04:51:30

The Four Tubes is out and can be downloaded at the usual places.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print